PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: For the future, we should worry about the Jets, not the Colts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the question, should these teams worry about the Pats?

The only shot the Pats have to be a contender in the short term is...

A) They have to Hit and I mean hit on all 4 of their picks in the 1st two rounds.

B) Bring in about 5 key players. Similar to 2001.

C) Lock up Brady and Wilfolk and Bodden, maybe Cain.

D) Hope Butler, Chang take steps forward next season. Forget Brace he's a bust, it shows you Belichick didn't do any homework, as a BC season ticket holder I could have told you he benefited playing next to an All-American in BJ Raji and had Mark Herzlich behind him.

But the reality, they probably franchise Wilfolk, transistion Bodden. Defense will be about the same as you saw this year. The Draft, they might hit on 1 of 4, that's been their average. They will badly miss on at least one 2nd rounder.

They won't bring in anyone impactful and because they care more about the CBA than the fans. Look for Brady not to be locked up and he to walk in 2012probably to the Cowboys. Also look for 2011 to be strike shortened and the owners giving up on the franchise tag. So there won't be two #1's for Tommy.

That 2011 pick from the Raiders is going to be a QB. This dynasty is over, so get used to watching the Colts, Jets, Dolphins, Chargers, Texans, Ravens and Steelers. All teams better than the Pats right now and setup to win over the next 5 years.

And guess what folks, Peyton Manning and Colts have left Tom Brady, his super model and this team in the dust. But the CBA, that's the Kraft's focus.

Are you talking about the 6--10 Bills or the 10--6 Patriots there? They won their division with a game to give away at the end, they came within an Official's Spot of beating the Colts in Indy (if that's your definition of "dust") and were a feared team going into the Playoffs until the injury to Welker threw everything off for them.

I'll hold you to that litany of teams that are "better than the Pats right now and setup to win over the next 5 years": Colts, Jets, Dolphins, Chargers, Texans, Ravens and Steelers. Five years is an eternity in football and we have the uncertainty of the CBA and a possible stricke, but if I knew you from work or my local bar, I'd bet you a meaningful sum that the Pats Regular Season record will be equal to or better than four of those seven teams next season; you gave me odds or something to sweeten the pot and I'd make it five of the seven. If there's no strike, I'd take the bet again in 2011.

I'm not saying they can't improve in a lot of areas and that I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of new impact players in the Backfield and on D, but they're already rebuilding on Defense, have a HOF QB with a few strong seasons left in him and four picks in the first two rounds of a strong draft this year.

As we build for the 2010 season, we should start building our team to compete with the jets and not the colts.. With the exception of QB, and maybee WR the jets have more talent then we do as we talk on jan 25th...

O line- the jets are just a hair better, but they are better run blocking line
Tight end- Dont know why we never use them
Lb's - Not even close
D line- id say push, both are even
CB- Not even close
Rb- they have 2 solid runners, we still just trying to find one.

So as the Pats build for the 2010 season and beyond, its time to stop trying to be like the Colts, and more like the jets.. Yes we have the coach / Qb edge, espcially if there is a race between Ryan and Belichick:D.. But this a huge offseason for the Pats and the future of the franchise.. The draft and FA will be very important..

Jets should have been 8-8 and they went 2-4 in the division. They will crash and burn next season like they always do.

As long as Peyton Manning is a Colt, I am going to worry about them

The Jets have been, and always will be a one and done team. Look for a fall back to crap the next 3 years until a new coach is hired, and a new Jets resurgence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back