PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Flashback- Julius Peppers suspended for banned substance in 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/5973403
Along with Merriman, Peppers is the other popularly acclaimed "best defender in the NFL" . I take the Carolina steroid/banned substances case (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/29/60II/main683747.shtml) personally, like many Pat fans, because that SB almost gave me a heart attack. Remember how "physical" the Panthers were, according to the Pats D-lineman post-game? Remember how the Pats D-linemen failed to get pressure on Delhomme as the game progressed? Remember the Panthers o-line coach telling his squad on the sidelines, "Take them to a dark place, men, a place they've never been before"? Now, in 2006, the SD Charger defense has developed a similar intensely "physical" reputation as those tainted Panthers. Luis Castillo has already been implicated in steroid use, from the draft. Steve Foley was accused of steroid abuse by the police following his drunk driving chase. And now Merriman has been suspended. Coincidence, or systemic abuse by the Chargers?

Last edited:
Getting your exercise? Walking is also healthy and doesn't put the same wear and tear on your joints as jumping to conclusions. :cool:

he didnt test positive for steroids right?

Actually, if you get a "Jump to Conclusions Mat", it's not so harsh on them joints ...

I jumped to no conclusions. I asked a question. Those who follow the baseball steroid scandal are aware that players from California teams have been accused of bringing drugs more easily across the border due to the proximity with Mexico, where the drugs are legally dispensed. The question about SD's football team bears watching.

Last edited:
Funny thing is the vaunted DLine did nothing in that game. Totally neutralized.

RayClay said:
Funny thing is the vaunted DLine did nothing in that game. Totally neutralized.
RC,
The O-line of Carolina stayed strong into the 4th quarter; Seymour and Vrabel and McG and others kept praising how physical and tough they were in post game comments. Power running was the identity of that Panther team going into the game. The o-line, like todd steussie, were implicated in the scandal.

Last edited:
Good Job as usual, P. E. . Add another O lineman from Carolina (who was caught, that is) and the punter to that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes