PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Fisher’s attempt at humor could backfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Fisher’s attempt at humor could backfire

I didn't find his gag that shocking, but then again, I'm not a Titans fan that is wallowing in my misery.

What I did find shocking in that article was this:

"I still don’t understand Fisher’s decision with defensive end Jevon Kearse,who packed up and went home when he found out he was a healthy scratch before the team’s Week 5 game against Indianapolis. Fisher declined to fine Kearse, whose departure upon finding out his inactive status is far from typical behavior. On some teams, it wouldn’t be tolerated. One AFC executive, who has been in the league for more than 20 years and worked for several teams, told Yahoo! Sports that he’s never seen a player go unpunished for leaving the stadium after being designated a healthy game-day scratch."

My question is.... is this any different than what happened with A.Thomas. Wasn't he a healthy game-day scratch and didn't he go home and watch the game from there? Just curious.

Last edited:

I keep seeing people say that it's no big deal because it was for charity, but wearing the Manning jersey and disrespecting his own team had absolutely nothing to do with the actual charity. It was a joke he was making to introduce Dungy. It's not like putting on the jersey and making a joke about his crappy team made the charity money. He could've said something else.

Re: Fisher’s attempt at humor could backfire

Reasonable article. I've absolutely zero issue with what Fisher did. The world has become too precious. Sooks.

You can liken what Fisher did to BB going 0-6 so far this year and then wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey at an event for Herm Edwards and saying that "he wants to feel like a winner". To me, that's just a pretty stupid idea.

Re: Fisher’s attempt at humor could backfire

I don't think it was ever an issue of hurting grown men's feelings.

What Fisher did was downright disloyal. Even if he had retired for 5 years and pulled this stunt I'd be livid. I was really surprised to see him don a Manning jersey during the season. Charity event or not, this is inexcusable.

I totally agree. What a bizarre thing to do, ESPECIALLY to diehard Titans fans. Being a charity event doesn't excuse lame-brain behavior. Fisher's problem is that he has become TOO confident, TOO secure, and TOO sold on his own program. Don't look now, Jeff, but your team has become a laughingstock. If BB ever did something like that I'd be livid.

You're all forgetting when BB tore off his hoodie after the week two loss to reveal a Bart Scott jersey. Still cracks me up.

i never heard about this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back