PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Finding the next Wes Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.

muslimman

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
So its the bye week and Im sure most on here are tired of talking about Talib... So I thought Id post this hilarious video about finding the Next Next (you read that right) Wes Welker. If you are easily offended by racial humor you might not find it as funny but I think its well done and spot on!

Click here for gut-wrenching laughter!

:D

Last edited:
So its the bye week and Im sure most on here are tired of talking about Talib... So I thought Id post this hilarious video about finding the Next Next (you read that right) Wes Welker. If you are easily offended by racial humor you might not find it as funny but I think its well done and spot on!

Click here for gut-wrenching laughter!

:D

That first Amendola photo at 0:18. . . . :eek:

Tavon Austin 2013 NFL draftee from WVU might be a great slot WR,I am hoping the pats look at this guy.

Last edited:
Funny stuff.

"and then there's the other thing they have in common...they both went to Texas Tech":D

Josh Lenz out of Iowa State has some potential too. Hopefully not only do the Pats look into these guys but the other 31 teams continue to devalue them.

Josh Lenz out of Iowa State has some potential too. Hopefully not only do the Pats look into these guys but the other 31 teams continue to devalue them.

Don't forget Ryan Swope.

Most offensive coordinators do not know how to effectively use a short but quick WR with good hands and punter returner run-after-catch ability, no matter what their skin color.

Ten years ago if Antwaan Randel El was used the way Wes has been used, Randel El could have been a better pro than he was anyway (and he was a good PR and decent WR). Trouble is, most guys get stuck playing outside the numbers, and it tough to be 5'9" or 5'10" and create much room to make a catch our there. In space, though, is a different story.

With the Pats running a multi-TE offense the value of a slot receiver is diminished. What they need are guys who can play outside the numbers to complement their collection of TEs.

If i were an edelman fan, my response would be: the next wes welker is already on the team.

I'm actually not as concerned about finding the next welker since we already have gronk/hernandez in the middle of the field. 3 competent to good receivers -- whether outside or slot -- is all we really need. anything more is extra

Between Edelman, Woodhead, and Hernandez I think we have the inside receiver covered

they are going to need someone to come in and get those 1,000 yards and 80+ grabs...don't know who..but they will need him next year when welker is gone..

just hope he doesn't go to the jets..

The next welker isn't on this team

Last edited:

Being from nearby the Iowa State campus, I often follow their games and yes, this guy has shown alot of potential especially vs. TCU a few weeks back when he caught 3 TD's. My only issue is he's been somewhat inconsistent and really gets heavily overshadowed by all of the other prospects in this draft.

It'd be nice to see a guy from there go to New England, but there's so many other options out there.

they are going to need someone to come in and get those 1,000 yards and 80+ grabs...don't know who..but they will need him next year when welker is gone..

just hope he doesn't go to the jets..

The next welker isn't on this team

Totally agree. Just don't understand the people that say this team doesn't need Welker.

With the Pats running a multi-TE offense the value of a slot receiver is diminished. What they need are guys who can play outside the numbers to complement their collection of TEs.

This is complete garbage, Welker is once again having a huge season and proving all those who continually devalue him completely full of crap.

The answer to this thread is that you don't replace Welker, he's too good. You can get another slot WR, you won't get anyone nearly as good , and the loss would be huge. Those who say otherwise don't know what the hell they are talking about, and that has been demonstrated over and over and over and over..............

Between Edelman, Woodhead, and Hernandez I think we have the inside receiver covered

That must be why Welker is dominating once again, because the rest have been so good. I swear to god this is the dumbest fan base on earth.

That must be why Welker is dominating once again, because the rest have been so good. I swear to god this is the dumbest fan base on earth.

Well 2 of the 3 being injured might have something to do with it.

EDIT: Not to say that welker is not awesome. But I think if you are going to try and "replace" him it makes more sense to look for an outside receiver instead of a welker2

Last edited:
Totally agree. Just don't understand the people that say this team doesn't need Welker.

They say it becasue they know he will be gone next year..i still see them as a top 5 O in the league without him..but those 1,000 80+ will need to be taken over or find someone that can do it...not many out there so i am guessing someone will have to take it over

Yeah sure... that's why Wes is on pace for another 100+ catch 1400+ yard year. I've heard those arguments a million times and Welker is still killing it.

The question is not whether Welker can be successful in the slot or would be successful for other teams. We know he can, he's a flat out great WR. The question is a cost/benefit analysis.

Are we willing to pay Welker big money or are we willing to accept a downgrade to say a Julian Edelman or Salas and spend his money in other areas, such as a free agent CB or passrusher.

That video was quite funny btw. "Don't be surprised if the Pats end up with an all black coaching staff and all white WR corps. Why? Because your irrationality allows me to take advantage of crazy savings!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back