PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Figure Skating my new favorite sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
PATSNUTme said:
OMG, don't tell me I'll have a conflict. There 's only one of me.

OK- Stacy wins.

That's another show that I'll be banish from watching with my wife & daughter. They'll get pissed at me real fast. But I'll catch it in another room.
Always heard that two nuts were better than one!! ;)

PATSNUTme said:
Did I hear that someone did a quad? All I heard was oooooooooooooooooooh!

By that time my wife was not speaking to me beacuse I was making too many jokes. I had been banished but I was allowed back.
Yeah, Plushenko did a quad toe loop, and he has, maybe two planned for tonight? Including a quad-triple-triple, I believe. Whatever. My thoughts on this guy is he needs to skate less like he is being electrocuted and he needs someone to chop off that ridiculous haircut.

Not exactly the stuff that makes fine Olympic commentary!;)

Bella*chick said:
Yeah, Plushenko did a quad toe loop, and he has, maybe two planned for tonight? Including a quad-triple-triple, I believe. Whatever. My thoughts on this guy is he needs to skate less like he is being electrocuted and he needs someone to chop off that ridiculous haircut.

Not exactly the stuff that makes fine Olympic commentary!;)

A quad toe loop!!!! Be still my fast beating heart.

I don't think I"ll be able to stand the excitment of a quad-triple-triple. I'll have to catch the chick on "dancing with the stars".

What an evening coming up- better than a playoff game.

hopefully she's not one of a kind

FreeTedWilliams said:
I highly recomend the interesting article on Katarina Witt published in Playboy a few years ago. I article was so riviting I was glued to it for months. Escpecially the handstand.
katarina witt was, and still is, amazing. she's about 45 now and still gorgeous. on the order of cheryl tiegs.
there aren't many people whose sensuality iss transmitted through the tv screen. all over the world men find her irresistable.
of course you know that means she still has to have about 5 bodyguards. when the moon gets full the wierdos start calling, stalking, trying to jump out on to the ice, etc.
and she doesn't seem to mind the poor bastards trying to jump on the ice.
here's a heartbreaking thought: i don't think i've ever seen her with a man.
but she's still a 10, with 3 more for style points.

PATSNUTme said:
A quad toe loop!!!! Be still my fast beating heart.

I don't think I"ll be able to stand the excitment of a quad-triple-triple. I'll have to catch the chick on "dancing with the stars".

What an evening coming up- better than a playoff game.

Well, better than that hideous Denver playoff game, at any rate!

A quad triple triple is a nice acheivement, but remember that little girl Tara Lipinski who won the gold medal several years ago? She didn't do quads, but thanks to her triple-triples, she had to get a double hip replacement...at age 18. Hope that gold medal was worth it!:eek:

The womens figure skating is OK but I love the uneven parallel bars. They look like sexy little gumbi gadgets. Remember Olga Korbut with those Commie pigtails. Priceless! How about Nadia on the bars? If I slammed into those bars that hard with my midsection a tsumani might ensue planet-wide and I ain't even considered fat. It makes you appreciate a finesse sport like ice-curling. What genius invented that sport? So little time, so many mysteries...... :rocker:

be careful where you say that

maverick4 said:
I think I like watching women's figure skating for the same reason I like watching women's gymnastics. The girls have really nice bodies and they wear tights.
I felt dirty writing that just now. I'm think I'm going to head over and spend some time on the cheerleaders thread.

he gymnasts have these absurd strength-to-body mass ratios. they/re like little ants.
but leave it there - they/re 10 years old.

Well I did miss the men's finals last night. Had to have my nails done.

PATSNUTme said:

I just caught a few mins of it, that was enough! Then read this mornings paper where Johnny Weirdo was quoted as saying he just didn't "feel" the ice, and his aura was black! :eek: Think this guy is missing a few sequins and feathers!!! :rolleyes:

PATSNUTme said:

Looks to me like Mr Avatar is glued to the screen ... :)

PATSNUTme said:

You missed nothing. It was so awful and dull and stupid and boring I wouldn't even count it as Olympic competition.

The Snowboard Cross, OTOH, was pretty awesome to watch. People racing each other on a twisting, downhill course on snowboards? Kind of awesome, and more what I thought snowboarding was all about...unlike that halfpipe skateboard stuff.

Bella*chick said:
You missed nothing. It was so awful and dull and stupid and boring I wouldn't even count it as Olympic competition.

The Snowboard Cross, OTOH, was pretty awesome to watch. People racing each other on a twisting, downhill course on snowboards? Kind of awesome, and more what I thought snowboarding was all about...unlike that halfpipe skateboard stuff.

Well I did catch a minute of "dancing with the stars". Saw that tall babe people were talking about. Then saw Jerry Rice totally humiliate himself.

After that, I was told to leave the living room and not to come back until it was over.

tell me about it, sistah

Bella*chick said:

that snowboard cross final was one of the 10 most exciting competitions i've ever seen. ya didn't have to know anything except there were these 4 figures having a race.
you know the gods of olympus took out women's baseball as a trade for adding these events. these 14-year-old kids better keep the pedal to the medal to even out that equation.

ilduce06410 said:
that snowboard cross final was one of the 10 most exciting competitions i've ever seen. ya didn't have to know anything except there were these 4 figures having a race.
you know the gods of olympus took out women's baseball as a trade for adding these events. these 14-year-old kids better keep the pedal to the medal to even out that equation.

From what I hear, the womens' snowboard cross tonight is worth tuning in for as well...

It's funny. with all the new and sometimes questionable stuff being added as events in the Olympics, I am very surprised snowboard cross was just making its debut this time. It's a race, it's timed, it's very athletic...there's no JUDGES thank goodness. I can't figure out how this one hasn't been around longer.

I was just flipping through the channels and saw a group of woman slidding a thing down the ice and brushing the ice ahead of it. Like they were sweeping the floor real fast.

WTF was that?

Who thinks up the stuff? Where do they find the people to do this? A janitorial service?

PATSNUTme said:
I was just flipping through the channels and saw a group of woman slidding a thing down the ice and brushing the ice ahead of it. Like they were sweeping the floor real fast.

WTF was that?

Who thinks up the stuff? Where do they find the people to do this? A janitorial service?
It's curling, NUT! I know, I tried to watch the mens' competition today and I was really bored. Apparently it's "shuffleboard on ice."

the great sport of curling

Bella*chick said:
It's curling, NUT! I know, I tried to watch the mens' competition today and I was really bored. Apparently it's "shuffleboard on ice."
apparently played with a vengence in notherh and central europe. bigger than bocce in italy and spain. to a small extent in canada, ahtho i've never hears conadiadians talk about it. maybe it's their national secret.

ilduce06410 said:
apparently played with a vengence in notherh and central europe. bigger than bocce in italy and spain. to a small extent in canada, ahtho i've never hears conadiadians talk about it. maybe it's their national secret.
To be honest, it does look sort of fun to play, once you know what the heck is going on, of course. And it's kind of nice to think here is a sport you don't have to train for since the age of 3. Same with luge. To think, we could all be future Winter Olympians!

Curling has been around since the 1500's. The world "curling" has been associated with the game since 1638 in Scotland.

Curling has been played in North America since the 1700's and has poplularity in anywhere there is ice. For example, we have a club in Nashua NH. It is very popular in the northern Mid-west in much the same areas as hockey.

And if the youth of the American women's team is any indicator, the game will be around for quite some time.

And BTW, how long as snowboarding and baseball been around?

Bella*chick said:

mgteich said:
Curling has been around since the 1500's. The world "curling" has been associated with the game since 1638 in Scotland.

Curling has been played in North America since the 1700's and has poplularity in anywhere there is ice. For example, we have a club in Nashua NH. It is very popular in the northern Mid-west in much the same areas as hockey.

And if the youth of the American women's team is any indicator, the game will be around for quite some time.

And BTW, how long as snowboarding and baseball been around?
Just because it's old doesn't mean it's any fun to watch.

I think it looks like it might be fun to play however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes