PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Fiesta Bowl

PatsGuy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Justin Blackmon is in full BEAST Mode!

Trade up! Trade up! (if he were to fall to #9, unlikely)

Little worried he's like Peter Warrick. Will run a 4.6 at the combine.

Weeden is getting it done too. I bet the Jets pick him up. He's a low round pick cos of his age (max 3rd, likely 4th) and would be a mature presence in the locker room. He knows he doesn't have time to piss off his career.

Last edited:
if they trade up it better be for a Safety, OLB (if they plan on going back to the 3-4) or a beast DL.

Blackmon would look good in a Pats uniform, but IMO, a free safety is the biggest need on this team.

Stanford plays a pass game a lot like the patriots, a lot slot passes, a lot yards after catch, some inside passes almost looked like many Brady to welker catches

I really wanted him last year before he confirmed he was staying. Given how deep the WR position was, I thought we would have a chance at him. What's his projected draft pick?

I agree though, first pick needs to be impact OLB/DE depending on scheme (of course this forum's been saying this for years) then Safety then WR.

i missed this game, wanted to watch it for the QB play, primarily Luck's

how has he been?

the OSU guy is razor sharp though

Yes we REALLY need to use a high draft pick on Plexico Burress !!. History has shown us time and time again that having a high draft pick #1 WR is critical to winning the Lombardi. Just look at the 3 Superbowl winners the Pats have had. Where would they have been without........ Well there must have been someone because how else could they have won them.

Don't forget that the Steeler offensive MVP (Brown) was picked up in the 6th round. That's near the first round, right?

Yep, its just like when the Cowboys swooped in and swindled the Patriots out of their pick so they could grab Dez Bryant. I mean he's really made a big difference in their team, Right?.:rolleyes:

And finally, you just have to look that our very own Patriots to see what a tremendous drop off there has been to our offense since we let go of Randy Moss

So yes by all means. Lets move heaven and earth to draft one of those basketball player WR that everyone prizes so highly. I mean just think about how much better our offense would be if we too could get someone as good as Victor Cruz high in the draft.....What? Victor Cruz was and UDFA? Oh,......Nevermind

First pick should be a need pick.....the Pats need another WR who can go deep. Unlike other WR picks wasted by the Pats....this guy is in a pro style offense...he runs great routes....nd he catches the bll away from his body....I would be happy with Blackmon instead of a defensive player....how do you defend against the Pats with a quality wideout like that?

Last edited:
There is no doubt that Luck will be the #1 pick. What poise.

What about Whitney Mercilus for our #1? But you know, we'll end up trading our pick for a 1 next year and 2 this year.

Last edited:
umm, yea, Luck is damn good

has he declared? im still holding out hope he stays in college another year, lmao

another high scoring bowl game. so is this the year when all football has turned into arena ball?

ouch

kickers now a days just cant make clutch kicks, i dont get it, why can NO ONE handle the pressure?

and this was a gimmie

This guy is no vinatieri

ouch

kickers now a days just cant make clutch kicks, i dont get it, why can NO ONE handle the pressure?

and this was a gimmie

The Buffalo Wild Wings guy is at it again.

Yes we REALLY need to use a high draft pick on Plexico Burress !!. History has shown us time and time again that having a high draft pick #1 WR is critical to winning the Lombardi. Just look at the 3 Superbowl winners the Pats have had. Where would they have been without........ Well there must have been someone because how else could they have won them.

Don't forget that the Steeler offensive MVP (Brown) was picked up in the 6th round. That's near the first round, right?

Yep, its just like when the Cowboys swooped in and swindled the Patriots out of their pick so they could grab Dez Bryant. I mean he's really made a big difference in their team, Right?.:rolleyes:

And finally, you just have to look that our very own Patriots to see what a tremendous drop off there has been to our offense since we let go of Randy Moss

So yes by all means. Lets move heaven and earth to draft one of those basketball player WR that everyone prizes so highly. I mean just think about how much better our offense would be if we too could get someone as good as Victor Cruz high in the draft.....What? Victor Cruz was and UDFA? Oh,......Nevermind

Quit being a drama queen Ken....the Pats haven't had a quality WR since Moss....and everybody saw what happened then....record breaking offense....the defense and Josh's playcalling cost the Pats that SB....not having a top flight WR.

If you think the Pats wouldn't be better with a top notch WR...then really....I don't know what team you are watching....the Pats are great offensively "in spite" of having crap at the WR position...and would be devestating with a top notch WR.

Instead of having Chad Jackson....think of...your choice....Dez Bryant....yeah...they would be a lot better on Offense....

Quit being a drama queen Ken....the Pats haven't had a quality WR since Moss....and everybody saw what happened then....record breaking offense....the defense and Josh's playcalling cost the Pats that SB....not having a top flight WR.

If you think the Pats wouldn't be better with a top notch WR...then really....I don't know what team you are watching....the Pats are great offensively "in spite" of having crap at the WR position...and would be devestating with a top notch WR.

Instead of having Chad Jackson....think of...your choice....Dez Bryant....yeah...they would be a lot better on Offense....

You are either being sarcastic or you don't know jack **** about football....I'm going to assume you made a bad joke. :confused:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back