Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT:FF can this roster win the league?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by VJCPatriot, Oct 10, 2006.

1. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

We start 2 QBs, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, Flex WR/RB, K, D

My current roster:
    Donovan McNabb QB
    Eli Manning QB
    Charlie Frye QB

Andre Johnson WR
    Anquan Boldin WR
    Lavernous Coles WR
    Joey Galloway WR
    Reggie Brown WR

Alge Crumpler TE

Ladainian Tomlinson RB
    Willis Mcgahee RB
    Reuben Droughns RB
    Kevan Barlow RB

Jeff Wilkins K

San Diego D

I picked up Frye, Brown, Droughns, and Barlow off waivers. Traded for Crumpler.

After 5 weeks I'm currently leading the league in points scored but I'm only 3-2. One week I forgot to put in one of my QBs. Big mistake, I could have won! Other loss was just a bad week I think.

Any suggestions on how I can improve? I'd like to upgrade McGahee but getting a top RB is gonna be tough. I'd love to get Torry Holt too but that guy's probably untouchable the way he's been playing. He's not that much better pointwise than Johnson or Boldin so far anyways. I think Boldin might get more touches with Fitzgerald out. But then again they might double team him more too...
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  2. Alk

Alk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

That looks like a pretty solid roster, but the one thing I'm noticing is a weakness at RB and that is by far the most important position.
  3. Alk

Alk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I would look for a team with an abundance at RB and a need for a WR. Then package McGahee and Coles and ship them out in exchange for a better RB.
  4. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

In a start 2 QB league, you've got a top 3 QB in McNabb & an excellent #2 in Eli. You've got a top 3 RB in Tomlinson and a very good #2 in McGahee. Your top 3 WRs (2 WRs & Flex) are good. You've got a premier FG kicker and D. Your TE is starter-caliber. I think you have an excellent chance to win your league as is, considering you're the high scorer and should be 4-1. You'll coast to the playoffs. Look at your league's playoff weeks to see which players on other teams appear to have favorable matchups and target those players near your league's trading deadline.

Regards,
    Chris