OT: Feeling Bad For Romeo Crennel

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I feel bad for Romeo..already 0-2 this year. From the start he was not in the inner circle with the GM and that was a problem. But, his biggest mistake of all...taking his friend Maurice Carthon (http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/coaches_detail.php?id=33) with him to be the OC....that's going to be his downfall.

You get perhaps 1 chance to be a HC...it is not the time to stick by friends Romeo...Carthon has to go if at all possible. Also, having your nephew Carl Crennel II(http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/coaches_detail.php?id=46) on your staff to oversee or help Maurice? WTF is that Romeo...Belichicks kid holds a clipboard.

Worst of all...how can you have Terry Robiske (http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/coaches_detail.php?id=17) coaching your receivers .... a guy who had some success as a HC and OC....while Maurice Carthon runs your offense. sorry Maurice...maybe some day you will be a good OC, you s#cked at Dallas and you still s#ck now... the clock is ticking on Romeo...best you step aside while Romeo still has a chance.

So the OC has little expierience and was not a good OC in Dallas...he is helped by your nephew from Arena Ball and 25 year coaching veteran Robiske is working with receivers who cannot get the ball....Ohio...you have problems.

Last edited:
I always really liked RAC. I'm sorry things aren't working out for him so far and I hope he's able to have some success.

The Browns won't win many games this year, their schedule is horrendous. There's a lot of hate towards our old #55 right now too, they're realizing he went there for the money. Personally I'm not a Phil Savage guy, even though he is a Belichick guy, or he was anyway. He's a showboat type of GM, talking more in one week than Pioli has since he's been here. Savage will make sure that someone other than him takes the fall. Despite nutty FA signings of old guys like McGinest, Ted Washington and Jerevicious.

Oh well, Crennel got the big contract - he's set for life.

BelichickFan said:
Oh well, Crennel got the big contract - he's set for life.

Actually, that's it. Yeah, I like RAC and wish him success as long as it's not on our watch but I find it hard to feel 'sorry' for a guy guaranteed the kind of bucks he has. OTOH, he works a hell of a lot harder than I dare say any of us do.

Im pretty sure savage has nothing to with the BB circle. But please dont feel bad for crennell. if he could steal players from the pats he would. You can be a great coach, but you still need talent.

R_T26 said:
Im pretty sure savage has nothing to with the BB circle. But please dont feel bad for crennell. if he could steal players from the pats he would. You can be a great coach, but you still need talent.

I wish success for Crennel as long as it's not at the expense of the Patriots. But I don't feel too bad for him. He is living the dream of being a head coach that many assistant coaches around the league are aspiring for. The best he can hope for is to make it last as long as he can, and to relish it while he can, because in a franchise as inept as the Browns, it may not last for very long.

BTW, Crennel has taken Joe Andruzzi, Willie McGinest, Ted Washington, and Ethan Kelley, and I believe his Browns were in the hunt for David Givens as well this offseason.

I think RAC is in trouble too. Last year I saw "6 days to Sunday" on the NFL Network and they featured the Browns. The scenes with RAC left me with the impression that he is a puppet to the owner and GM.

Last edited:
R_T26 said:
Savage was an assistant defensive coach under BB in Cleveland 1991-1993 but then moved into their scouting department. He worked for Ozzie Newsome in scouting after the team moved to Baltimore, until the new Browns hired him. So he was originally part of BB's "tree" (which arguably Newsome is also) but that branch went off on its own long ago.

The coaching isn't the problem, the team is awful. It's a pity that the moron GMs around the league never gave him a chance and that he had to walk into this nightmare if he ever wanted to be a head coach.

Crennel isn't the only one drawing the ire of the fans :

"Willie McGinnest is the early frontrunner for the Lomas Brown Veteran Leadership Award. I guess it's easier to get shots of him on the sidelines when he's sitting down all by himself and not up on the sidelines cheering his team on or talking to the lb's who are actually playing. So let's chalk it up to selective shots by the director, shots that don't necessarily tell the real story.

Right? Who's with me people??!!!

I see a guy who's thinking he made a bad career move. And I see Ted Washington looking every bit of his 38."

I think we're a lot happier with Seau than they are with McGinest right now.

It will be nice to have Crennell back at the end of this season when he gets canned from Clev.

Dagg said:
It will be nice to have Crennell back at the end of this season when he gets canned from Clev.
Given the "talk" that McGinest was know to be Cleveland bound during the second half of last season, you have to wonder how Belichick feels about old pals Savage and Crennel right now - especially in light of the chilly Mangini thing. If Belichick likes the job Pees does I have a feeling he'd stick with him. For whatever reason, my gut says that Belichick's guys who are college coaches (Weis, Hill, Ferentz) etc, are the ones he'd be interested in although they've moved beyond NFL assistants it would appear.

I'm thinking the Mangini thing is partly due to the McGinest thing and Belichick realizing that you're with him or against him and all his ex assistants who are in the NFL are the enemy. And not just when they play each other.

Willie's not earning his $$$$$ on the field and apparently he isn't earning it off the field as RAC's veteran presence leader. Can you say mutiny:

Browns | Winslow thinks some coaches are holding the team back
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 19:52:00 -0700

Tom Reed, of the Akron Beacon Journal, reports Cleveland Browns TE Kellen Winslow criticized some of the team's coaches Monday, Sept. 18. Winslow believes some of the coaches are holding the team back. He added, "I don't mean to try to go behind (the coaches') backs or whatever, but we're 0-and-2. We have nothing to lose. Let's go. Let's air it out. Let's run the ball. Let's make plays. Let's be exciting." Winslow also is not sure why he's not on the field in some situations. He was on the sidelines on several third-down packages Week 2 against the Cincinnati Bengals. " I just don't understand why I'm not on the field sometimes. (It's) very frustrating. We're losing, and I'm not on the field. I just don't get it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back