PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Favre to stay retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god the longest running NFL soap opera has run its last episode...

Not a chance that this is over. I'd put the over/under on the 2nd preseason game for Favre to start wavering again.

This is too bad. Favre could have helped Minnesota challenge for the NFC title this season and made the year more interesting. I don't expect that out of the Rosencopter.

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Stop it, man, you're killing me! hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Favre! Helpful! To which team???

:rofl:

Last edited:
hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Stop it, man, you're killing me! hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Favre! Helpful! To which team???

:rofl:

The Jets were 8-3 before he got hurt and the Packers went 13-3 with him, going to the NFC title game, the year before.

Not a chance that this is over. I'd put the over/under on the 2nd preseason game for Favre to start wavering again.

NFLN just reported that Favre said he plans to keep working out and keep throwing.

I think he just wants to avoid training camp.

What an arse Farve is!!! Seriously, he left Minnesota on the line all offseason and made yet another offseason be all about him and on the eve of training camp he decides to retire again until he decides to unretire in a couple of weeks. When he does decide to unretire, I hope the league decides to blackball him and force him to play for the Raiders if he wants to come back.

Next thread......If Brady gets injured again, do we pick him up? LOL

What an arse Farve is!!! Seriously, he left Minnesota on the line all offseason and made yet another offseason be all about him and on the eve of training camp he decides to retire again until he decides to unretire in a couple of weeks. When he does decide to unretire, I hope the league decides to blackball him and force him to play for the Raiders if he wants to come back.

Why torture Raiders fans like that?!?

They are terrible but they don't deserve him as punishment! :eek:

I was about to second this comment, but it looks like Brett already beat me to it.

"Girl don't go away mad, girl- just go away!" :singing:

if he's just trying to avoid tc, then they shouldn't take him. the ship sails when tc begins. the qb's actually at camp are at least dedicated.

NFLN just reported that Favre said he plans to keep working out and keep throwing.

That and he's probably been unable to get Chilly to agree to a guaranteed contract. Vick's reinstatement is not only hogging his limelight, it possibly gave Minnesota some contract leverage...

He's testing the Vikings loyalty and lunacy level. If they make a move for Vick, Brett will announce he has reconsidered and will now only play for a team that can provide him with the means to destroy both Mike McCarthy and Brad Childress, or any one willing to pay him $10M+ guaranteed to knock off their own HC this season...

And if that fails, Brett should fake a vicodin relapse and then hire Quiet Strength as his new spiritual mentor and career advisor... Who can then lobby to convince one of his toadies or some other shmuck that Brett Favre deserves a second chance to retire and then unretire and then retire again only to unretire and prove to his tormentors he can still be the NFL's legendary Iron Man and INTS leader even after spending another off season basically sitting on his tractor and annoying his wife and children.

And he doesn't need no stinkin' training camp. He's Brett Freakin' Favre and he can still sling it. Just ask anyone at Hattiesburgh High.

I'll believe it when the season starts and he's not on a roster. As for now, it's just all part of the game.
I'll believe it when the season ends and he's not on a roster.

Edit: I'll believe it when the 2015 season ends and he's not on a roster.

All I can say is that I'm shocked. Not really expect Farve on that Purple roster by Mid TC.

Favre isn't retired until he's 6 feet under.

He's going to play this year, period. I don't care what is being said

That and he's probably been unable to get Chilly to agree to a guaranteed contract. Vick's reinstatement is not only hogging his limelight, it possibly gave Minnesota some contract leverage...

He's testing the Vikings loyalty and lunacy level. If they make a move for Vick, Brett will announce he has reconsidered and will now only play for a team that can provide him with the means to destroy both Mike McCarthy and Brad Childress, or any one willing to pay him $10M+ guaranteed to knock off their own HC this season...

And if that fails, Brett should fake a vicodin relapse and then hire Quiet Strength as his new spiritual mentor and career advisor... Who can then lobby to convince one of his toadies or some other shmuck that Brett Favre deserves a second chance to retire and then unretire and then retire again only to unretire and prove to his tormentors he can still be the NFL's legendary Iron Man and INTS leader even after spending another off season basically sitting on his tractor and annoying his wife and children.

And he doesn't need no stinkin' training camp. He's Brett Freakin' Favre and he can still sling it. Just ask anyone at Hattiesburgh High.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yep. This is pretty much the first thing that I thought when I heard that he planned to stay "retired". Something tells me that this thing still isn't over.

In other news.....John Madden has announced he will remain retired as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back