PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Fantasy Veteran QB for the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaHerb

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Was reading the thread on Cassel and Seymour93 suggested "perhaps they have some other veteran QB on the shadow roster" which got me thinking....

Purely fantasy but if any QB's of the past could strap on the helmet one last time who would you like to see in a Pats uniform doing it?

Age is definately a factor but at 43 if Vinny Testaverde can do it what about Dan Marino or John Elway? (both 46)

Just a little bye week fluff.....I know it's never going to happen but if it could, who would YOU like to see strap on the helmet one last time?

I'll probably get beat up, but I'm sentimental....one last time I'd love to see Drew Bledsoe.

Grogan.....no doubt about it.....

I'll probably get beat up, but I'm sentimental....one last time I'd love to see Drew Bledsoe.

I was brought up npt to hit girls but please don't get me frustrated. Drew is and was always UNCOACHABLE. He simply insisted on being the judge of what he should do on the field despite the game plan and game situation. In no way whatsoever would BB want him back.

Doug Flutie. :)

Last edited:
Michael Bishop is just 31. :rocker:

I was brought up npt to hit girls but please don't get me frustrated. Drew is and was always UNCOACHABLE. He simply insisted on being the judge of what he should do on the field despite the game plan and game situation. In no way whatsoever would BB want him back.

Doug Flutie. :)

I never said I wanted him to play alot..just see him on the field one more time. And, FLUTIE??? Awesome.

Wasn't Bishop above Brady on the depth chart in '00?

Bishop played in four games in the early part of the season, but I believe by midseason Brady surpassed him on the depth chart and he played a few snaps against the Bears.

Imagine if the Patriots signed Marino, then won the Super Bowl? That'd be a bizarre set of circumstances.

Imagine if the Patriots signed Marino, then won the Super Bowl? That'd be a bizarre set of circumstances.

Screw Marino, I'd like to see them sign Boomer Esiason and win it all just to see him rub Marino's nose in it. Plus Boomer is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes