PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Fantasy...Maroney or Julius Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
OK...fantasy question. Do you play J.Jones against JAC tomorrow or go with Maroney. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Go with Julias Jones...

agreed. hes actually a starter..and i havent heard any rumors about him being somewhat hurt..hes the safer bet

I'm makin that same issue. Julius Jones while he and Corey are both healthy.

Maroney is a better player but JJ will get more touches. Tough call. Fantasy only rewards numbers though. So I guess you should start JJ although I'm not a big fan of him.

VJCPatriot said:
Maroney is a better player but JJ will get more touches. Tough call. Fantasy only rewards numbers though. So I guess you should start JJ although I'm not a big fan of him.

how can u say Maroney is a better player when he hasnt done jack in NFL yet?

I'm starting Maroney today.

nhpatsfan said:
I'm starting Maroney today.

I've been playing FF for 15 years, trust me when I tell you that making decisions based on your heart, and your home team is going to cost you games.

Maroney is a BAD start over JJones today sicne Jones ia catully a starter, and Maroney HAS something wrong with him, however minor. Cory WILL get the majority of carries today and if Maroney is hurt, then they won't even risk him in garbage time IMO.

Obviously anything could happen, but if you intend to win FANTASY games, you HAVE to put aside your home team alliegences.

Yeah, but I'm starting him over Mike Sellers - a no brainer. I'm also starting Tike Barber and Mike Bell. I appreciate the input, though, because I do play with my heart over my head - that's why I have Brady :)

nhpatsfan said:
Yeah, but I'm starting him over Mike Sellers - a no brainer. I'm also starting Tike Barber and Mike Bell. I appreciate the input, though, because I do play with my heart over my head - that's why I have Brady :)

Are you leaving Jones on the bench?

No, I don't have Jones - I'm not the OP. I was just chiming in that I am starting him out of sentiment for the Patriots - heck, that's why I drafted him in the late rounds. I think he'll earn me some good points a few games into the season, but you're correct - he's not a great pick for today.

nhpatsfan said:
No, I don't have Jones - I'm not the OP. I was just chiming in that I am starting him out of sentiment for the Patriots - heck, that's why I drafted him in the late rounds. I think he'll earn me some good points a few games into the season, but you're correct - he's not a great pick for today.

oh, sorry about that, too early adn not enough coffee yet I guess. :) :)

I tried for Maroney in my league as well, HUGE upside as a keeper. i jsut wouldn't start him over a starter this week is all I'm saying.

In your case, over Sellers, it's a no-brainer. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes