Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: fantasy advice?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by patsox23, Oct 1, 2009.

1. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

I'm making the offer of Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates for Brady and Dustin Keller. Given all that rust, am I crazy and should I rescind before it's accepted? I have Moss on my team so even an up and down Brady is worth it, IMO.

Help!
  2. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Dont worry about Bradys rust. I would make that trade, if it was me. :D
  3. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Another thing to consider is the schedule. When your team is headed into the FF playoffs, Brady will be facing the Panthers, Buff, and.....crap, i can't remember that third team. Just look at the schedule. Bottom line, i think he has some very good matchups
  4. spann31

spann31 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

what do you guys say to do with Welker, wait for him to come back or trade him now?
  5. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

It depends on how your league works. He'll get ya alot of catches, and yardage, but not so much in the TD area. I'd keep him, but it really depends on a few things. For instance, who are your other recievers? If your hurtin for WR, dangle him out there in a trade for a TD machine. His value might be down at the moment, so waiting until he plays might be a good idea. Maybe you'll get lucky.

See im in a couple of NFL.com leagues. So Welker would give me a consistant 8-10 points a week. He's a great catch/yardage scorer. Pairing him with my studs (Fitzgerald/Colston) would work well for me.
  6. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

If you're in my league, I HIGHLY recommend trading him to me.
  7. H8R

H8R Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Rivers, at the moment is a safer pick. Who is your back-up QB? Besides, late in the season tight ends become more effective and they wear down defense much better then a wideout, we all know that Gates will get plenty of chances to put up big numbers.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009