PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ex-Eagles RB Brian Westbrook visits Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
What is the Redskins obsessions with Eagles players?

Longtime Eagles RB Brian Westbrook visits Redskins - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

WASHINGTON (AP)—Brian Westbrook(notes) could become the fourth big-name veteran in a crowded Washington Redskins running back competition.

The longtime Philadelphia Eagles standout visited the Redskins on Wednesday. General manager Bruce Allen called it “a good meeting” and that he will “probably have some meetings down the road” with the 30-year-old back.

The Redskins already have plenty of experienced star power at the position.

I don't think they're obsessed with former Eagles, I think they're obsessed with washed-up RBs.

I don't think they're obsessed with former Eagles, I think they're obsessed with washed-up RBs.

Last I heard, the Skins were interested in Shawn Andrews, the former All Pro Eagles RG(who can also play OT) - Andrews has had a history of injuries though(which is why he was cut). With the issues the Skins have on the OL, they'll probably go after Andrews when all is said and done, and the price is right.

The Skins have actually a pretty good trio of RBs - Willie Parker, Larry Johnson, and Clinton Portis. If you throw Brian Westbrook into the mix, then 3-4 of them can share playing time equally, which will limit their chances at getting hurt, and be very effective at the same time. Plus Westbrook has always been McNabb's security blanket.

I dont care. I would take their trio, and Westbrook, over our weak ass Running backs 100 times outta 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes