PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eugene Wilson goes to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The poor guy can't seem avoid breaks. He did get a nice contract extension last offseason, so at least he's not hurt in a contract year.

The Houston Texans have lost one of their top defensive players, as safety Eugene Wilson has been placed on injured reserve.

Wilson has two broken toes on his left foot and will require surgery to repair the injury. Houston signed former Jacksonville safety Brian Russell to take Wilson's spot on the roster.

Wilson has played in eight games this season, starting all of them.

Texans put Eugene Wilson on IR | ProFootballTalk.com

Hopefully the toes heal correctly and he can return to form next season. Good luck, Eugene!

one of my favorite pats from the SB years. Apparently after he injured himself (special teams play just before/after the Eagle's super bowl game), he never recovered to starting form.

He made one nice play with a pick 6 to seal the win in the 16-0 run but other than that, didn't have it in him.

But I'm confused, wasn't he the recipient of the Brett Favre chop block in pre-season? Did he miss any time for that?

Sorry to see. As much as I wanted to see him succeed here, it seems he found a home in Houston. Let's hope he can come back to 100 %.

Those former Patriot secondary players are having a tough time of it this season.

one of my favorite pats from the SB years. Apparently after he injured himself (special teams play just before/after the Eagle's super bowl game), he never recovered to starting form.

Wilson didn't "injure himself." His arm got broken on a special teams play when he was trying to make a tackle during the SB against the Eagles. It was almost identical to when Harrison broke his arm on a play in 2003.

Those former Patriot secondary players are having a tough time of it this season.

It's former Pats players in general as Heath Evans went on the IR with an ACL injury as well.

And a few others suffered injuries though not to injured reserve..

That stinks. Poor Geno. He was really good in 2004.

But I'm confused, wasn't he the recipient of the Brett Favre chop block in pre-season? Did he miss any time for that?
Geno was indeed knee-capped by Lord Brett on a $10K illegal crackback block. Happily Geno sustained no serious injury, and though he did not finish that preseason game - and as far as I know missed the rest of preseason, he was able to come back fairly quickly.

It's no surprise those Tennessee dirtbirds sent him out for the season with broken toes. Good luck Geno.

Sorry to hear that. He was good early in his career.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back