PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- ESPN's John Saunders has passed away at 61

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Just read a tweet that John Saunders has passed away. Not a fan of ESPN anymore, but I always liked the guy. Very professional and always did a great job IMO. RIP John, my thoughts go out to him and his family.

Just read a tweet that John Saunders has passed away. Not a fan of ESPN anymore, but I always liked the guy. Very professional and always did a great job IMO. RIP John, my thoughts go out to him and his family.

Sad. I liked him too. He hosted the Sports Reporters after **** Schapp passed away. I liked that show.

Saunders was excellent. Cool and professional. Was a fine hockey player in his day, I've heard. Great moment on the Sports Reporters when they showed a picture of him from his youth hockey days in his uniform with a giant afro. Like always, he handled the ribbing with class. RIP.

In total shock about this. I actually thought that show sports reporters was a decent show. Honestly never would've guessed he was 61 based on how he looked the last time I saw his face. Rip john

Saunders was excellent. Cool and professional. Was a fine hockey player in his day, I've heard. Great moment on the Sports Reporters when they showed a picture of him from his youth hockey days in his uniform with a giant afro. Like always, he handled the ribbing with class. RIP.
That's another thing I loved about Saunders, being a HUGE hockey fanatic myself, you could see his love for hockey when he spoke about it. EXTREMELY knowledgeable about hockey.

RIP John. He was awesome on the Sports Reporters.

61 too. Still relatively young for this Earth. My condolences to his family.

Holy Crap thats young Im shocked to hear this very sad news.

Wow. Did he have health issues? Complete shock.

Happy to say I've never heard of him.

That said, condolences to the family.

Edit: Actually, now that I've seen his picture I realize I've heard of him. It's just been so long since I watched BSPN (almost 10 years now) that I didn't recognize him by name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back