PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: ESPN rips into crybaby Jay Cutler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious, Cutler being called out for the whiny immature prima donna that he is
Gene Wojciechowski: Quit crying, Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler - ESPN

[Will someone please give Jay Cutler his pacifier, hand him his favorite blankie and put him back in his crib for his afternoon nap? Because if he cries anymore about a trade that didn't happen, we'll have to check his Pampers.

Cutler is the quarterback of the Denver Broncos. At least for now he is.

Turns out the Broncos are/were shopping him. The three-way trade between the Broncos, New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers didn't reach critical mass, but names (Cutler to the Bucs, Matt Cassel to the Broncos) and numbers (first- and fourth-round draft picks to the Patriots) were discussed.

But it didn't happen. Repeat: didn't happen. Instead, the Patriots traded Cassel and his franchise-tag salary to the Kansas City Chiefs. And Cutler is still a Bronco.

But the mere thought of a possible trade upset Cutler so much that he went into full waaaa-waaaa-waaaa mode, wailing like an infant. Why are they being so mean to me? That sort of thing. "I'm upset," he told The Denver Post. "I mean, I'm really shocked at this point."

Trent Dilfer basically called him out too, and said if this makes somebody act like this, he doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL QB.

Yeah apparently the old QB coach left and went back to USC and he asked to be traded. What a *****.

When You look at Jay Cutler's Winning Percentage as a Staring Quarterback it's not hard to understand why some would not view Him as a Franchise Quarterback.Given his reaction his maturity can also be questioned.I think Josh Mcdaniel is on the right trak .Grow Up Jay Cutler !

I don't blame Cutler for feeling that way, but he made a big mistake by going public with it. This really put McDaniels in an awkward situation.

The very moment Cutler asked (demanded?) to be traded after one of his coaches left, McDaniels knew he had a starting QB who was not committed to the team, and would doubtless have a very difficult time having this kid learn the new offense, which, quite apart from being difficult because it's new, is difficult enough to learn on it's merits.

As Tom Cullen in "The Stand" would say, "M-O-O-N...that spells trouble!"

Josh McDaniels is a very young head coach out on his first gig, and he really doesn't need this frontal assault on his command and control of the organization he leads, but he has learned at the knee of the absolute master of organizational discipline. I'm sure he'll come out of this well.

On the plus side, this problem, as it were, does come early on in his regime, which means if he is successful defusing and handling this, he will cement his position quite nicely, thank you.

Jay Cutler is a strong-armed quarterback in search of a legacy his mental command of the game simply will not permit, which for him is simply not attainable, in my estimation. He is one of the worst on-field decision makers I have ever seen. As soon as the Red Zone comes in sight, invariably he loses it. He finds some way to botch things. Sure, they march up and down the field all day long, putting up great stats. But scoring? uh-huh...

Admittedly, he went to a college not exactly renowned as a football factory, but for all his "extraordinary" talents, he could not lift that program up.

Coming in to the NFL, he comes to a team that only a year or two previously was a serious threat to win it all, had a legendary coach, a Hall of Fame WR (who was in the twilight of his great career), and unlimited potential to finally strut his stuff in the Big Time. Hell, his legendary coach thought so much of him, he bad mouthed his starting QB to the sidelines so the kid could get an early start on his own Hall of Fame career.

Didn't work out, tho....

There are a lot of professional athletes out there who suffer from this prima-donna, bloated ego, Peter Pan syndrome of arrested development that only encourages the infantile thought processes that waft through their minds, much to their detriment. Some have the physical gifts enabling them to stay at that high level for a while (sometimes quite a while), while others quickly fade from the scene, like a shooting star that prompts a few "ooohs" and "aaahs", then is immediately forgotten.

It remains to be seen where young Mr. Cutler will fit in the overall scheme of things.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure the guy's days as a Bronco are numbered....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots