PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Removes Game 6 (Schilling Bloody Sock) from Sox Documentary

enhanced-buzz-13331-1386448945-7.jpg
Awesome pic. I can't tell whether that's bad photoshop or magic markers skills.

ESPN is a schill for all things liberal (get the pun). I bet you could go through all the social media accounts of all their employees and find countless stupid liberal bases memes that are insulting to more than half the country. Of course, none of that matters because liberals are all for inclusion, except when you don't agree with them, then you are a hateful, racist, bigot.

Schilling has always been a self promoting loud mouth (exactly the type of person you want as a commentator). BUT you can never underestimate what he did that night in New York. He was in serious pain, and pitched a gem of a ballgame. That bloody sock was all over the national news. To cut that out of the story of the 2004 Red Sox is akin to cutting out Carlton Fisk's homer from the story of the 1975 World Series.

ESPN is complete garbage.

"Oh you libs are so intolerant of my intolerance a bloo bloo bloo. Sure I think entire groups of people don't deserve the same basic human rights as my own group does but you're the real racist for calling me out on it!"

Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Schilling has the right to voice his opinion and if people don't like it, then too bad. Stephen A. Smith is a race baiter and he is still employed on BSPN. Talk about a double standard. The wussification of America is almost complete.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Schilling has the right to voice his opinion and if people don't like it, then too bad. Stephen A. Smith is a race baiter and he is still employed on BSPN. Talk about a double standard. The wussification of America is almost complete.

ITT someone who doesn't understand what the 1st Amendment entails. ESPN is a privately owned and operated company, not a government institution.

ITT someone who doesn't understand what the 1st Amendment entails. ESPN is a privately owned and operated company, not a government institution.

The double stand used by ESPN still applies though, and is one if the reasons so many of us mostly boycott them.

The double stand used by ESPN still applies though.

I disagree but either way it doesn't matter, as a privately owned and operated company they can lean whichever way politically they want. It's not a first amendment issue.

stating that someone is a terrible human being basically based solely on his political views is a joke.

Yeah I shouldn't call a guy like Strom Thurmond a terrible human being because it's wrong to judge someone on their political views, I'm sure he was a great person otherwise!

I disagree but either way it doesn't matter, as a privately owned and operated company they can lean whichever way politically they want. It's not a first amendment issue.

So bc BSPN is a privately owned business, they can fire and deny anyone correct? Then why is it that a christian bakery was sued and had to give hundreds of thousands of dollars for refusing to bake a gay marriage cake? Again, a double standard.

So bc BSPN is a privately owned business, they can fire and deny anyone correct? Then why is it that a christian bakery was sued and had to give hundreds of thousands of dollars for refusing to bake a gay marriage cake? Again, a double standard.

No, it's not a double standard. Because it's against the law to deny someone service based on their race, religion or sexuality. That's clear as day. Oh but you'll say that "well they were just expressing their religious beliefs so it is a double standard." Again, no its not. You cannot express your religious beliefs in a way that infringes upon the civil rights of others because of the Constitutionally mandated separation of Church and State.

No, it's not a double standard. Because it's against the law to deny someone service based on their race, religion or sexuality. That's clear as day. Oh but you'll say that "well they were just expressing their religious beliefs so it is a double standard." Again, no its not. You cannot express your religious beliefs in a way that infringes upon the civil rights of others because of the Constitutionally mandated separation of Church and State.

There are no federal laws that state they can refuse service based on sexuality. The civil rights act of 1964 only states...race, religion, color, or national origin.

please point out the "constitutionally mandated separation of Church and State" in the Constitution..

Constitution of the United States - We the People

I can't seem to find it.

There are no federal laws that state they can refuse service based on sexuality. The civil rights act of 1964 only states...race, religion, color, or national origin.

Yes, the Civil Rights Act did not have anything to do with sexuality as it was the 1960s and people were still pretending that the issue didn't exist. Since then there have been plethora of laws and statutes at at every level of government, along with court rulings, that protects an individuals right against discrimination in broader terms even if it specifically hasn't been as officially codified as the CRA. Thus if someone feels that they have been discriminated against they can investigate their legal options and, if they are found to have grounds, sue.

FFS I said in my original post that while I don't like Schilling I think that ESPN literally erasing history from a sports documentary of all things is abhorrent. That's the point of this thread and the point of the post expressed that I don't judge literally everything through the lens of political leanings.

remove the most memorable part of the series..
The most memorable part of the greatest series of all time in baseball and, arguably, the greatest series of all time in any sport. I'm speculative that ESPN pushing this to drum up clicks and word of mouth. They're dying slowly. They know it. This is a move of desperation.

please point out the "constitutionally mandated separation of Church and State" in the Constitution..

Constitution of the United States - We the People

I can't seem to find it.

Are you serious? I mean, I know you are but I honestly can't believe you are acting so intellectually dishonest. No the Constitution doesn't literally have the words "Separation of Church in State" written verbatim in it. But it makes a clear and concise statement regarding just that. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

I mean, this is literally you right now. Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be

Anyway I'm tired of sticking my hand through a door frame and repeatedly slamming it shut.

The Russian Communists under Brezhnev didn't try to whitewash and alter history as well as ESPN does.......They would delete the pictures of people who had been 'purged'. How is ESPN any different???
Can't even tell you what number it is on the cable network....

I am enjoying my BSPN dividend. I save money every month since we dropped all sports programming from my DTV service. It all adds up.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back