PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: ESPN: Jets interested in Terrell Owens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
New York Jets explore possibility of signing Terrell Owens

The New York Jets, who once traded for Brett Favre and signed LaDainian Tomlinson this off-season, now are exploring the idea of signing Terrell Owens, according to league sources.

The Jets have contacted Owens' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, and have debated the idea of bringing the high-profile wide receiver to training camp.

A deal between the Jets and Owens still is considered a long shot; one person estimated the Jets' chances at signing the high-profile wide receiver at "20 percent."

Last edited:
Re: ESPN: Jets interested in Terrell Owens

It's frightening that TO on that team would be the most calming influence

This would be awesome.

Pretty soon, the jests are going to need to hire a team warden and an entire crew of psychologists. Anyone know if Klonopin is one of the drugs the NFL has banned?

Ego meet ego meet ego etc = BOOM!

The idea came from HBO. Woody Johnson likes it. Jabba Wrecks likes it too. LaClassian, Holmes, Edwards, Cromartie, Jenkins and Mangold are against it.

I think it would be a great move for them in terms of being in the news always. :)

since TO proved last year that he can keep his mouth shut and play, I wouldn't be too surprised if he signs up with them.

Last edited:
The idea came from HBO. Woody Johnson likes it. Jabba Wrecks likes it too. LaClassian, Holmes, Edwards, Cromartie, Jenkins and Mangold are against it.

Good point. We forget that the Jets aren't trying to build a SB caliber team here. They are trying to build an ensemble cast to rival the likes of Mad Men come Emmy season.

I think it would be a great move for them in terms of being in the news always. :)

Plus, TO proved last year that he can keep his mouth shut and play.

...in Buffalo...

Although they play in Jersey, they are under the city lights of the Big Apple. Big Mouth Rex, Big Mouth Pace, Big mouth everybody. No way Owens works out there....there will be an incident. Please, Mr. Tannenbaum, make this happen!

Hahahahaha, when I read this. The 2010 Jets will be the best Madden online team, ever. :eek: (Madden 11 next week, boo yeah!)

However, NFL wise, this team will blow up in flames.

...in Buffalo...

Although they play in Jersey, they are under the city lights of the Big Apple. Big Mouth Rex, Big Mouth Pace, Big mouth everybody. No way Owens works out there....there will be an incident. Please, Mr. Tannenbaum, make this happen!

I don't think TO will be that big a distraction because (a) Jets have other big, if not bigger names on their roster and (b) Rex wouldn't hesitate to cut him to size in the public (wouldn't that be something to watch!!).

Hahahahaha, when I read this. The 2010 Jets will be the best Madden online team, ever. :eek: (Madden 11 next week, boo yeah!)

However, NFL wise, this team will blow up in flames.

Wasn't the previous title holder of best Madden team the '98 Vikings -- just toss it to Randy Moss

I'm thinking there might be a closet deal between HBO and VH-1 involving Terrell. Owens will sign briefly with the Green Beans which will boost ratings of both "Hard Knocks," and Owens' VH-1 reality show. Then the 'Beans will cut him, giving the reality show several more segments of drama to milk before he eventually signs with Cincinnati. It's all about $$$ and ratings, not football.

Woody still has a few discounted PSL's left to sell so they don't have to blackout opening day...

Talk about a team that is trying to "Win now!" Historically, this just hasn't worked in the NFL, or Brett Favre would be looking for his fourth ring. If they start 0--3, which is not out of the question, the whole thing will come apart.

Wasn't the previous title holder of best Madden team the '98 Vikings -- just toss it to Randy Moss

Yes, I remember that, unstoppable. That was before Online matches/rankings though.

The Jets might have no starting players in the 70s in the game. I don't know this, since I don't know the starting Jets 11 on both sides.

In Madden 08, you could even stop the Pats since Jabar Gaffney was mediocre and the Pats have one of the worst runningames (Madden wise).

Yeah, I sound like a Madden nerd, oh well.
-------------------------------------------------------------

On the NFL side of things, giving T.O to Mark Sanchez is a horrible idea.

Last edited:
That would make my year.

Ravens, Pats and at Fins. Not just a Patriots' fan's wet dream...0--3 could happen. Put it this way, if they open 3--0, they would shut my mouth for a few weeks. If I'm a Jets fan, I'm thinking a realistic start is 2--1 and I can live with 1--2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back