Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Eminem vs. Big Ben (Eminem disses Big Ben in new song)

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by thenepatsrule, Apr 30, 2010.

1. thenepatsrule

thenepatsrule In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +312 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

here is the link...
    http://au.eonline.com/uberblog/b178888_diss_of_day_eminem_vs_big_ben.html

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,055 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

Re: OT:Eminem vs. Big Ben (eminem disses big ben in new song)

Eminem sucks nowadays but that was a pretty good rhyme. :)

3. MoneyFX

MoneyFX On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Better than every other rapper in the game actually. And listen to Not Afraid. New joint is off da hook.

4. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +3,055 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

I could disagree with this in over a hundred different ways, but that's another time for another thread. :cool:

5. emoney_33

emoney_33 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Regardless of his entire body of work recently, "despicable" is one of the sickest I've heard from anyone in a while.

6. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +192 / 1 / -3

#12 Jersey

Meathead Ben probably took it as a compliment.

btw saying that ______ is the best rapper in the game today isn't saying a whole lot, sadly

7. Yfz01

Yfz01 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Eminem has been on fire lately! Everything since Relapse has been gold, Refill, verse on Forever, verse on Drop the World, Warning (diss), Despicable, Westwood Freestyle, Airplanes II, and now Not Afraid.

8. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 21 / -13

"...as rowdy as Roethlisberger in a bathroom stall?"

wow, the endorsement dollars must be just lining up now for Ben...awwww, too bad.

9. Jakelithurdz

Jakelithurdz Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Right here....right now

I'm absolutely prepared to argue all of your points

10. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +3,055 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

Rappers still working right now that I would put ahead of Eminem (this is done entirely off the top of my head)...

1. Jay-Z
    2. Nas
    3. The Game
    4. Lupe Fiasco
    5. Kid Cudi
    6. Wiz Khalifa
    7. Lil Wayne
    8. Kanye West
    9. Mos Def
    10. Raekwon
    11. T.I.
    12. Bone Thugs
    13. Pharell
    14. Talib Kweli
    15. Outkast (would put Big Boi AND Andre above Eminem)

By the way, I consider The Marshall Mathers LP to be one of the better hip-hop albums of all time. But Eminem's recent body of work has fallen off compared to what he usd to do. I do like "Not Afraid" but that's become the exception, and not the rule, with Eminem.

11. Jakelithurdz

Jakelithurdz Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Insane, Stay Wide Awake, Old Time's Sake, Beautiful, Underground, Careful What You Wish For, Elevator, and My Darling are GREAT songs from Eminem's most recent work, which I may say is a good percentage of a small pool.

Secondly, while some of your list I may think is reasonable or debatable, I absolutely disagree with Pharell, Game, Lil' Wayne, Kid Cudi, and Kanye West being even close to that list. Their recent bodies of work are decent, but they don't hold a candle to Eminem's. Like the Slim Shady LP, Relapse will go down as a classic a few years from now, even though it may not compare with The Marshall Mathers LP or the Eminem Show.

Listen to Em's verse on Forever to get a preview of what's coming up soon.

12. Satchboogie3

Satchboogie3 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0

I don't know how people can "like", "listen to", and give money to idiots like Kanye and "Lil Wayne".

As for me, I don't like lyrics in music, words tend to just get in the way. :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong I LOVE vocals, I just don't like words, I find that "unspoken word" or scatting to be far more expressive than having written lyrics. Music can convey stories and emotions all in and of itself.

That said, I still do like some singer song writes such as Billy Joel. As before, though, the music is still more important than the lyrics, so sorry Bob Dylan, you'll just have to stick with being reading material.

13. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Can't argue with Jay-Z and Nas as they are in my opinion, the best rappers in the game. They are 1A and 1B in my book. I was skeptical with "Distant Relatives", but it's a pretty damn good album from Nas and Damien Marley.

But this is where it ends. I'm sorry, but I think guys like Kid Kudi and Lupe Fiasco are garbage. Lil Wayne can be good, but he's become obsessed with auto-tune and seems like he's breaking away from rap. Kanye West is extremely overrated as his lyrics are cheesy and are made for radio ready hits. The Game used to be good as his major label debut was good. However, his new stuff is pretty bad. T.I. used to be terrible but has gotten better over time. His new album with him collaborating with major artists worked really well. It's an insult to Eminem saying Phrarell is a better rapper. Outkast has gone downhill, haven't heard Raekwan's music

The most underrated rappers in my opinion are Mos Def and Talib Kweli. I think Mos Def is really good as his debut album was great, but he'd be even better if he hooked up a legit producer as his beats and production on his albums are awful. I don't know if this counts as rappers as they are a group, but The Roots are really good and underrated.

With that said, I think Eminem is the 3rd best rapper in the game.

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  14. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +3,055 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

I had completely forgotten about this thread.

The thing that hurts Kid Kudi is the fact that so many people completely overrate him. But his last album is pretty solid. Both him and Lupe are good lyrically, IMO.

Back in 2008 this would have been true. However, he's gotten away from the auto-tune for the most part and has gotten back to the stuff that made him successful. That rock song, "Prom Night" or whatever it was called was probably the worst thing I've ever heard, though.

I can see you on this one. I like Kanye, though, because he's a different rapper than most. His songs get me ready for a night out.

Lyrically, The Game is still solid. His career was hurt when Dre took 50 Cent's side over his. Still, the album that he produced without Dre was still good, though it was still ignored. Now he's supposedly back with Dr. Dre making a new album so watch out for him again. "The Documentary" is also considered one of the better albums of the past decade or so. I expect to see that Game again.

I think it's the exact opposite with T.I. I like his older, meaner stuff better than his newer "I've seen the light" stuff. He's still good though. Pharell, when he wants to rap, is an extremely good lyrical rapper. Outkast you're selling short because they haven't done anything in a while. If you haven't heard Raekwan's music, you should.

Agreed on all fronts.

I disagree. He used to be one of the best, if not THE best. But he's gone away from the style that put him on top. What made Em great to me was the same thing that made Ice Cube great: his ability to rap angry. He's since gone pretty far away from that. He still has a few songs that match that description on his new album, and it's certainly better than "Encore", but he's not at the level he used to be at in the early 2000's. Just my opinion.

15. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,505 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I'm not a big fan of rap, but I do enjoy Mos Def. Very underrated, from what I can see.

16. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I needed a break from football threads as there is nothing to talk about.
    I'll give them a second chance as you know how it is, sometimes you don't like certain artists and songs but eventually end up liking them.

The Carter 3 was okay but I got tired of it pretty quickly. I don't mind when rappers explore though the rock territory as Lil Wayne and Birdman had a pretty dope rock remix of "Stuntin' like my daddy". But Lil Wayne's new album was terrible.
    I like Kanye, but I don't think he's the greatest rapper like he says he is. In fact, I have plenty of his songs in my music library. And your right, there is a time and place to listen to his music.
    I really liked the game when he first came out as "The Documentary" was sick. But his new singles he put out are pretty bad.
    I had to look it up, but I had a feeling Raekwan was from The Wu-Tang Clan as they have 100 members. ;) I like Wu-Tang but I haven't heard much of his solo stuff.
    "Not Afraid" is a step in the right direction as it's a pretty damn good song. But I agree, "Relapse" wasn't that good. However, I did like Travis Barkers remix of "3am".

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  17. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +498 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

TBC is one of the better rappers out there these days.

18. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Mos Def is probrably one of the best artists in Hip Hop. It's a shame that the likes of Mos Def get overlooked in favour of big mainstream guys. Some of the best true rappers and lyricists are underground. Sure the mainstream guys like Jay Z make good music but I don't think they could cope with some of those underground artists like Celph Titled when it comes to the bread and butter of rhymes and lyrics. Celph Titled's music and rhymes hit hard.

Not from this era but Big Daddy Kane was another true rapper and most of his music destroys anything Jay Z, Eminem or Kanye could ever dream of putting out.

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  19. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +3,055 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

Do you like Immortal Technique?

20. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah, most of his songs have meaning aswell as some nice beats. Theres a tune from one of his albums called 'Apocrypha'. It's only a short interlude but I had it on repeat for ages.