PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ellis Hobbs likely to retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that. I had my opinions on his abilities, but the guy always played hard and with enthusiasm and you can't ask for more.

I'm sure he'll be successful in whatever he attempts.

Was one of my favorite players when he played here. Was a solid player. Sad to hear this. Gotta do what's best for himself though.

Was inevitable really.

Best of luck to Ellis going forward. Always played his heart out.

The guy always played hard, feel bad he had to go out like this.

According to Jason La Canfora, of NFL Network.

Hobbs also suffered a neck injury last season that ended his season.

He is expected to undergo surgery on his neck this week.

Read more: NFL News and Rumors - Hot off the Wire Fantasy Football News

So, does he get his full salary for the duration of his contract?

He's announcing his retirement as of 2011 when he's a free agent. He gets the remainder of his 1 year contract for this season.

Unfortunately for Hobbs he never had a chance to cash in... he finished out his rookie contract after being traded by the Pats to the Eagles, then was injured, then was lucky to get a $2.7 million one year contract this season.

I think he was becoming a bit disgruntled with his rookie contract with the Pats - which could have been part of the reason he was let go so cheaply.

I liked him as a player and would have loved to have him as QB depth - who knows, had he stayed here maybe the injuries wouldn't have happened.

Hopefully he saved a few million of what he got as a rookie and for this season. I wish him the best.

Count me as an Ellis Hobbs fan. Whatever his faults, he played hard for this team.

Hopefully he can turn that 2.8 million into a decent life for himself post-football.

Shame to hear. Hobbs was a good CB with us. Hopefully he's been able to hold onto some of his money. I wish him a happy and successful life post-football.

Best Wishes to Ellis Hobbs..

Count me as an Ellis Hobbs fan. Whatever his faults, he played hard for this team.

Hopefully he can turn that 2.8 million into a decent life for himself post-football.

Same here. Heart is always a leverage for talent, and Hobbs had heart. Sorry to see anyone's career in any field ended by injury.

That's rough. Good luck going forward Ellis Hobbs III.

Good guy, played the game hard and always had a positive vibe about him.

too bad - Ellis will land on his feet if he does in fact retire.

I just hope he invests his money well.

Too many of these guys want nothing but a good buzz and a chick to keep them busy at night. Stay smart fellas.

Best of luck to him. Sorry he couldn't get seriously rich from playing football.

Hope he turns his lively personality to good use in whichever of business, coaching, or media he prefers.

I was never an Asante fan but I always liked and appreciated Ellis. I wish him only the best.

Yup.
I too hope he will do ok post football.

Best wishes Ellis.You arent the most talented player in the history, but u played with great effort and hustle. Hope u are ok in your life post football . You deserve it

He had electrifying moments for this franchise. Either way, I wish him the best. He's already made tons of money, he should be all set if he lives smart.

Hobbs fan here. Wish him good health and hope he's had a good financial manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes