PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eli Manning to be on the cover of Madden 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Listening to WFAN tonight and they said EA has offered Eli the Madden cover.

Looks like I'll be holding off on getting a new Madden this year once again.

It sucks, but hey he deserves it. Plus, the inner pyro in me is coming out again. I'll buy one just to torch it.

I still don't see him as extremely marketable. He looks like he's gonna bust out a banjo and start yelling "Squeal like a piggy!".

He'll probally get a Unstoppable Card created. When used your QB gets a boost in the last 2 mins of game and immunity to being sacked.

career ending injury ahead>

The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excel.jpg

I don't get it, in all the other Madden's, they went after the MVPs of the regular season and the top players in the NFL. Eli isn't even in the top 5 of NFL QBs. If they had followed what they have always done, it should be Brady on the cover. You know, he had the best regular season ever...

Last edited:
that's great kids are going to want to grow up to be a hick ... nice.

I still don't see him as extremely marketable. He looks like he's gonna bust out a banjo and start yelling "Squeal like a piggy!".

He'll probally get a Unstoppable Card created. When used your QB gets a boost in the last 2 mins of game and immunity to being sacked.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Brady has been offered the cover a few times as has Peyton Manning, both have refused. Ummm....could they be worried about the curse of Madden?

Not to mention Vince Young on this one. EA must be struggling for players to who will go on it so they're forced to put hyped up second rate players on.

I don't get it, in all the other Madden's, they went after the MVPs of the regular season and the top players in the NFL. Eli isn't even in the top 5 of NFL QBs. If they had followed what they have always done, it should be Brady on the cover. You know, he had the best regular season ever...

DONT WANT Tom on Madden cover....its a curse. It just bums me out that if he does take it, Giants fans will have an excuse if their team doesnt make playoffs or goes one and done. Let Eli have it, who cares?

First of all, the Madden curse is stupid. NFL players get injured a lot if you hadn't noticed.

That said, I don't see Eli as a very marketable guy still. If Peyton wasn't on the cover this year, I don't see why Eli would be next year. But really, the Madden cover has become mostly irrelevant. I mean this year's cover guy was Vince Young. Yeah, how's that career going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes