PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eid Mubarak!

nabwong

Vice President of Boycott NFL Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
After a whole month of fasting in Ramadan, a celebration of the month of Shawwal is underway. Eid Mubarak to all of Pats nation and mankind. May we be granted enlightenment and may we appreciate the endless bounties we receive from our Creator and Sustainer.

tumblr_mk9efgRrX11r0ftodo1_250.gif

Eid Mubarak to you and yours Nab, may Allah accept your fasts and deeds, Insha'Allah.

Eid Saeed, nabwong. (And mazel tov.)

Don't most Ramadas have at least one restaurant? :confused:

Isn't it interesting that EID almost sound like EAT ? I don't know how you wonderful people fast for a whole month, though not being religious myself, I respect everyone's religions so much. I've read the bible, the torah, and part of the koran. And my feelings are that they are wonderful guidelines for all who follow them.

Eid Kareem! Hope all is well and enjoy yourselves Insha' Allah :)

Isn't it interesting that EID almost sound like EAT ? I don't know how you wonderful people fast for a whole month, though not being religious myself, I respect everyone's religions so much. I've read the bible, the torah, and part of the koran. And my feelings are that they are wonderful guidelines for all who follow them.

Hey Scott,

I can't speak for others but my experience is as follows. Fasting starts with the belief that I am a created being and one that is a temporary guest in the Creator's dominion. Therefore, nothing in this world belongs to me. When my Host asks me to refrain from doing somethings, I respect His wishes.

The other aspect is why I should fast and why it is good for me. Fasting highlights one of the most fundamental human needs, food. This desire of hunger is given to us and when it is not satisfied, you become really needy. From this state of hunger, I learn to realize how many other needs I have and the One whom is responsible for satisfying my needs.

Historically, the Qur'an was revealed during Ramadan (and then over 23 years). Personally, it wasn't revealed because Ramadan was holy. Take it into my context now, the Qur'an MAY be revealed to me when I am ready to realize the wisdom in its message. Therefore, what makes Ramadan holy is the raised level of awareness of the Creator's presence. If I am not ready, the message will never get to me.

I believe every religion if not most, subscribe fasting as a means to discover oneself. Even if you are an atheist, there are many idioms like "You truly discover your good friends in times of trouble" or "Only thru adversity, a true champion arises". Fasting is consistent with the natural order of the universe.

So, if I do not start from a consciousness of belief, fasting is just dieting.

Hey Scott,

I can't speak for others but my experience is as follows. Fasting starts with the belief that I am a created being and one that is a temporary guest in the Creator's dominion. Therefore, nothing in this world belongs to me. When my Host asks me to refrain from doing somethings, I respect His wishes.

The other aspect is why I should fast and why it is good for me. Fasting highlights one of the most fundamental human needs, food. This desire of hunger is given to us and when it is not satisfied, you become really needy. From this state of hunger, I learn to realize how many other needs I have and the One whom is responsible for satisfying my needs.

Historically, the Qur'an was revealed during Ramadan (and then over 23 years). Personally, it wasn't revealed because Ramadan was holy. Take it into my context now, the Qur'an MAY be revealed to me when I am ready to realize the wisdom in its message. Therefore, what makes Ramadan holy is the raised level of awareness of the Creator's presence. If I am not ready, the message will never get to me.

I believe every religion if not most, subscribe fasting as a means to discover oneself. Even if you are an atheist, there are many idioms like "You truly discover your good friends in times of trouble" or "Only thru adversity, a true champion arises". Fasting is consistent with the natural order of the universe.

So, if I do not start from a consciousness of belief, fasting is just dieting.

Simple question, and not be facetious whatsoever, but: how do you not die going a month without food? Do you drink protein shakes?

What's like your secret? Do dish~!

fabulous.jpg

Simple question, and not be facetious whatsoever, but: how do you not die going a month without food? Do you drink protein shakes?

What's like your secret? Do dish~!

fabulous.jpg

The fast goes from roughly dawn to sunset each day. You eat before fasting and after.

The fast goes from roughly dawn to sunset each day. You eat before fasting and after.

I bet you can't wait for sunset to rip into some food at that point.

Eid Mubarak!

You're also not allowed to drink anything (including water) between sunrise and sunset each day. Basically you get up really early to eat a huge meal in the morning and then eat a huge dinner late at night.

Yes and lots of cigarette get smoked. We can do with the less smoking though.

Blessings to you as well!

Now, perhaps you can explain something to me which I wonder about. What would a Norwegian do during a summer Ramadan, or a Muslim in Antarctica during a Ramadan in what is the summer there?

The point of my question is that fasting during long summer days is burdensome under any circumstances -- but there are places in the world where the day lasts 24 hours. So clearly you are not expected to fast all day under those circumstances.

Does the Haddith or some other extra-Koran source speak of such practicalities in a similar way that the Torah does for the Jews? Or does the Koran already have it covered?

Eid Mubarak!

You're also not allowed to drink anything (including water) between sunrise and sunset each day. Basically you get up really early to eat a huge meal in the morning and then eat a huge dinner late at night.

Pretty much but I am still so sleepy that I hardly eat anything. Maybe a piece of bread or most times just drink a jug of water.

In the evening, the stomach shrinks so much that I only eat half the usual portion I have for dinner regularly. So i try to eat higher energy foods and lots of fluid. Also since it's summer, the sun goes down ard 8.15pm.

Yes we refrain from food, drink, smokes (if you are a smoker, I'm not), intercourse. The hardest part is the water, especially when I was in the military.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back