PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Earl Thomas Injury- Lower Leg Fracture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough loss for Seattle. My understanding of their roster is that they are very top heavy with talent and light on middle-class reserve talent. With a few key injuries, like this one, they run a serious risk of unravelling.

You just cited four rookie QBs who won playoff games. By definition that is not one and done.

Prescott may/may not be ****y but he is conservative with the football and doesnt make a lot of unforced errors.

We'll find out what he is made of when they need to throw 40 times in order to win a game.

Sorry, meant to say Prescott will not be leading the Cowboys to the Superbowl (as oppose to one and done).

You just cited four rookie QBs who won playoff games. By definition that is not one and done.

Prescott may/may not be ****y but he is conservative with the football and doesnt make a lot of unforced errors.

We'll find out what he is made of when they need to throw 40 times in order to win a game.
What I'm interested to see is, should such a test present itself and Prescott begins turning the ball over, how quick is Dallas going to be to pull him in-game and insert Romo?

Great player, and I've got nothing against him personally. But anything that helps the Patriots out in a SB rematch is fine by me.

Sucks. Odd for Gronk/Thomas to go down back to back weeks.

Right now Dallas is the most healthy elite team. I am not cheering for anyone to get injured but if they don't lose someone big they will be very hard to beat.

Sorry, meant to say Prescott will not be leading the Cowboys to the Superbowl (as oppose to one and done).

I agree. You can argue that passing & protection rules make it easier for a QB to be successful now but a rookie Qb has never gone 3-0 in the playoffs. Granted 1st year starters & subs like, TB12 in 2001, Kurt Warner in 1999 or Jeff Hostetler for the Giants in 1990 had similar ****pit time to Dax as a starter but I think that 1 year of being in a system and learning it is significant as it helps with confidence when the s--t hits the fan in the playoffs.

Derrek Carr is kicking ass but his next playoff game will be his 1st. Just gotta see what he is made of.

What I'm interested to see is, should such a test present itself and Prescott begins turning the ball over, how quick is Dallas going to be to pull him in-game and insert Romo?

I think it would be wise of DAL to find Romo some game snaps before the playoffs. If Dax goes down or has a Tony Eason moment, it would be beneficial for him to have seen some game action prior to being thrown in the fire.

At least in 2001, before he got hurt Drew had TC and played in Sept before needing to come in for Tom during the AFCCG.

Now the SB 49 rematch in SB 51 is all squared up - Gronk for Thomas.

Thomas is already close to going to the Hall and he's not done yet.

One of the best safeties in the league and a true play maker. Hate when top players get injured!!!

Sucks. Odd for Gronk/Thomas to go down back to back weeks.

Right now Dallas is the most healthy elite team. I am not cheering for anyone to get injured but if they don't lose someone big they will be very hard to beat.

Sarting lineups:

OFFENSE

QB - BRADY x Dak
RB- Lewis x ZEKE
RT- CANNON x Doug
RG- Shaq x MARTIN
C- Andrews x FREDERICK
LG - THUNEY x Leary
LT - Solder x TYRON
WR- EDELMAN x Beasley
TE- BENNETT x Witten
WR- Mitchell x BRYANT
WR- HOGAN x Williams

DEFENSE

DRE - FLOWERS/LONG x RUSSEL
DRT- BROWN x Thornton
DLT- BRANCH x Crawford
DLE- Sheard/Ninko x LAWRENCE
LB - HIGHTOWER x Lee
LB - KVN x Hitchens
CB1 - BUTLER x Carr
CB2 - Rowe x CLAIBORNE
CB3- RYAN x Scandrick
FS - DMAC x Byron
SS - CHUNG x Church

Dallas fans need to be reminded early and often that they are benefitting from Jerry Jones and others, that they imposed unfair handicaps on the Pats, giving their teams an unfair advantage.

The word for it is cheating.

Sarting lineups:

OFFENSE

QB - BRADY x Dak
RB- Lewis x ZEKE
RT- CANNON x Doug
RG- Shaq x MARTIN
C- Andrews x FREDERICK
LG - THUNEY x Leary
LT - Solder x TYRON
WR- EDELMAN x Beasley
TE- BENNETT x Witten
WR- Mitchell x BRYANT
WR- HOGAN x Williams

DEFENSE

DRE - FLOWERS/LONG x RUSSEL
DRT- BROWN x Thornton
DLT- BRANCH x Crawford
DLE- Sheard/Ninko x LAWRENCE
LB - HIGHTOWER x Lee
LB - KVN x Hitchens
CB1 - BUTLER x Carr
CB2 - Rowe x CLAIBORNE
CB3- RYAN x Scandrick
FS - DMAC x Byron
SS - CHUNG x Church

You did this wrong. Line up the O vs other team D and then start highlighting/bolding.

Anybody catch this Earl Thomas tweet after he got hurt? Seemed very odd that he would tweet minutes after he got hurt and to imply he's considering retirement makes me think that he was probably hacked. Who knows

It was the Russians:rolleyes:

sucks for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back