PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eagles cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/24950

"He was waving his arms frantically and pointing at his helmet. Already without timeouts, already without hope, Brian Griese now was without radio communication. Were the Bears being Belichicked? In a stadium that has enough technological savvy to block ads from appearing on outside web sites in its in-house Internet operation, wasn't this outage a little too fishy? "Unfortunately, the audio in my helmet went out,'' Griese said. He paused and smiled. ``Fortunately,'' he said, ``I felt really good calling my own plays in that situation.''"

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/24950

"He was waving his arms frantically and pointing at his helmet. Already without timeouts, already without hope, Brian Griese now was without radio communication. Were the Bears being Belichicked? In a stadium that has enough technological savvy to block ads from appearing on outside web sites in its in-house Internet operation, wasn't this outage a little too fishy? "Unfortunately, the audio in my helmet went out,'' Griese said. He paused and smiled. ``Fortunately,'' he said, ``I felt really good calling my own plays in that situation.''"

Same thing happened to the Skins in the Packers games, although i believe it was in and out the whole game and mostly out the 4th qt. But the NFL rules state that unless communications are cut off from the coach to upstairs the other team can still leave their headsets on.

In a stadium that has enough technological savvy to block ads from appearing on outside web sites in its in-house Internet operation, wasn't this outage a little too fishy?

Theres 2 problems I have with that statement (I assume it means they block incoming ads on 3rd party web sites -- altho its worded poorly).

1. THERE. IS. A. FIREFOX. PLUGIN. THAT. DOES. THIS. It is not hard! Just because the author doesn't understand how it is done does not mean that all technology, from HTTP or IP to wireless communication are all the same area of expertise and level of difficulty.

2. As a technology person, I wish I could give the author a counter argument. I mean really. "Well, I found a sentence about a murder plot. Clearly you wrote this murder plot sentence. What's that? You didn't? Well I have proof that you have written other sentences. That's a little too fishy! You AND somebody else wrote SENTENCES? BEGONE WITCH"

"BEGONE WITCH"

Holy smokes yes. You have got to be seriously bamboozled by technology to think that ad-blocking software is some kind of technological wizardry closely linked to tampering with audio signals! Probably they were wiring helmets to let the NSA read opponents thoughts, too! :rolleyes:

(This is not so say that the Eagles didn't mess with the signals, just that the web-ad bit is just plain embarrassing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes