PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dungy says Super Bowl won’t be close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Dungy says Super Bowl won’t be close

Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning.

Of course he is.

And the Colts had the easiest schedule ever this year.

I believe you.

Of course he is.

I believe you.

Pats own the colts, and you know it...I'll tell you why...Your team is playing in the superbowl in 4 days yet your on a pats message board, trying to justify why the colts deserve it. lol.

Maybe, but they did have a tough stretch around playing you all.

Anyway, those things never matter to me.

This isn't college basketball where you schedule Our Lady of the Woods pre Conference to pad your wins. You don't choose your schedule. You can only play who is in front of you.

Also, the playoffs decide who the champ is. If, like the Colts, it works out you play the 5 and 6 seed, that's what you earned from being #1.

I don't think people typically go back and say this Superbowl Champion meant more because the had to play a tougher regular season or whatever.

There are no paper champions in the NFL; it's won on the field. Now college football is another discussion.

Agreed, if the Colts make it through the playoffs I could care less who they played in the regular season

Of course he is.

I believe you.

Peyton Manning is the greatest regular season QB of all time.:rolleyes:

Tom Brady is only better when it counts.:cool:

Pats own the colts, and you know it...I'll tell you why...Your team is playing in the superbowl in 4 days yet your on a pats message board, trying to justify why the colts deserve it. lol.

LOL true that

They easily beat them in the regular season? I recall the ravens all but beating them untill the last throw by flaco.

RS?

Uh, well yeah that was a close one.

But I was talking about the last one? You know? In the POs? Just a few weeks ago? The Colts played the Ravens because the Ravens won the Pats Ravens game? Blew out the Pats? Any of that ring a bell?

I guess I'll have to go a little slower for you.

In a thread about the Colts and Dungy.

Peyton Manning is the greatest regular season QB of all time.:rolleyes:

Tom Brady is only better when it counts.:cool:

Right, like this year?

Go look, Manning's rating in the PS has passed Brady's. Brady hasn't came up big in the POs in a few years, or did you forget about those 3 INT games from the past few season?

On a Pats fan message board where it is known that people talk about the NE Patriots and anything related to.....in which you had to find and fill out personal info. to become a member of and take time out of your day to compose a message to other Pats fans. :confused:

Right, like this year?

Go look, Manning's rating in the PS has passed Brady's. Brady hasn't came up big in the POs in a few years, or did you forget about those 3 INT games from the past few season?

3>1 Do you need me to translate?

Right, like this year?

Manning will never be as good as brady. Its ok though, thats nothing to be ashamed of.

On a Pats fan message board where it is known that people talk about the NE Patriots and anything related to.....in which you had to find and fill out personal info. to become a member of and take time out of your day to compose a message to other Pats fans. :confused:

Personal info? No, it takes about a minute to sign up.

And this is a Pats board?

Half the topics are about the Colts.

I'm a Colts fan, so I figured I'd comment on the Colts.

You see me in any Pats threads? Let me know.

No he didn't, BB only had one winning season in Cleveland.

if you say that then i'm gonna bring up dungy was 6-10 in 96, and 8-8 in 98 with tampa. so even the great dungy had some mediocre years as coach. bb was turning the ship around in 94 with cleveland. i dont think they did as well as they could of in 1995 with art modell threatening to move the team. it's not fair to belichick to not have a chance to keep building what he was already doing in cleveland. in the end the way I see it belichick is the better coach. 3 sb titles as head coach, 2 as a defensive coordinator with the giants. not to mention the other 2 superbowl appearances. he helped the pats in 1996 get to the sb as a assistant coach, and in 2007 in the almost perfect season.

Manning will never be as good as brady. Its ok though, thats nothing to be ashamed of.

Sure and the Colts had he easiest schedule ever and the Colts Ravens game was close.

Sure.

You know a lot about the football.

Right, like this year?

'07 TB leads a team to the first ever 16-0:p and to the SB. In the closing minutes TB leads his team to a TD to go up 14-10. The giants then pull a huge horseshoe out their ***** and find a way to win.

'08 TB out for season after 1st game

'09 TB has a solid stat year, but is definitely not up to par(I'll give you that)

'10 TB will be back to true form. Of that I have no doubts.

You need our approval, don't kid yourself. Well we will think about your case you have stated and get back to you on that

Personal info? No, it takes about a minute to sign up.

And this is a Pats board?

Half the topics are about the Colts.

I'm a Colts fan, so I figured I'd comment on the Colts.

You see me in any Pats threads? Let me know.
I'm not on a Colt's MB contributing to one of many Pat's related threads, but yet here you are on a PATS MB arguing with Pats fans.

Boy, they might grow 'em tall in Indiana, but that's about it.

if you say that then i'm gonna bring up dungy was 6-10 in 96, and 8-8 in 98 with tampa. so even the great dungy had some mediocre years as coach. bb was turning the ship around in 94 with cleveland. i dont think they did as well as they could of in 1995 with art modell threatening to move the team. it's not fair to belichick to not have a chance to keep building what he was already doing in cleveland. in the end the way I see it belichick is the better coach. 3 sb titles as head coach, 2 as a defensive coordinator with the giants. not to mention the other 2 superbowl appearances. he helped the pats in 1996 get to the sb as a assistant coach, and in 2007 in the almost perfect season.

You Pats fans are so damn paranoid. When did I ever say he wasn't a better coach?

The guy asked what did Dungy do without Manning? Quite a bit actually. Dungy established himself as a excellent coach before he coached Manning.

I was pointing out that as a head coach BB hasn't done much without Brady.

Dungy held his own against BB, like I said, I believe they split all time head to head and Dungy beat BB 4 out the last 5 times they met.

Both great coaches, but you have to give the edge to BB. I never said otherwise.

I will admit that this year probably defines Manning the most. This is arguably his weakest supporting cast in his career.

To top that, they've drawn a quality opponent in the Super Bowl (the Bears were kind of a joke). It's hard to say how the Colts defense stacks up against the Saints offense, but if everything plays out to the averages it will probably be on Manning's shoulders to keep up with a pretty potent Saints offense.

This could be one of those great carry-the-team-on-your-back games. A good Patriots example would be in 2007 vs the Colts, where Brady and Moss put a monster drive together to reclaim the lead in the 4th quarter. That gave me goosebumps. You'll know it if you see it on Sunday.

Anybody know what the over/under is on bogus penalties against the Saints in the SB?

The Colts were flagged 1 time in the AFCC. rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey