PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dungy done at 4:30ET?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBigglesWorth

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Colts Defense-TM- Colts Jan. 21 - 3:06 pm et

The Colts have called a 4:30 ET press conference to announce the future of head coach Tony Dungy.

Colts owner Jim Irsay told ESPN's Chris Mortensen he got the feeling late Sunday that Dungy was "leaning" towards returning to Indy, but that may be wishful thinking. We should know for sure within the next few hours.
Source: Indianapolis Star
www.rotoworld.com

Looks like he's done.

POSTED 2:48 p.m. EST, January 21, 2008

DUNGY ANNOUNCEMENT COMING LATER TODAY

The Indianapolis Colts have announced that a press conference will be held at 4:30 p.m. EST on Monday, and that the "participants" will be owner Jim Irsay, president and G.M. Bill Polian, head coach Tony Dungy, and assistant head coach Jim Caldwell.

Unless the Colts are trying to build drama regarding the possibility that Dungy is leaving, there's no real reason for Caldwell to "participate" unless Dungy will be passing the baton to him at that time.

As one media insider observed in response to the news, "Looks like he's gone."
www.profootballtalk.com

That's what Adam Schefter said, also.

And we needed a press conference about this. . . . . .why? Are book sales slow?

It wouldn't surprise me if the announcement is just that they've extended both Dungy's and Caldwell's contracts.

NFL Network just announced he's staying on for 2008 and it was Adam Shefter that made that announcement.

PFT is missing the boat. Even if Dungy stays, Caldwell is participating to be announced as the successor to Dungy. Hopefully he stays.

Blah. I was hoping he was done.

What kind of self-absorbed a**hole holds a press conference to announce that they are not quitting their job?

if this is true, I think BB should release a press statement he's staying on and Tom Brady isn't retiring.

Why are they holding a press conference if he's staying? And why is Caldwell going to be there?

if this is true, I think BB should release a press statement he's staying on and Tom Brady isn't retiring.

Perhaps that they ARE planning on playing in the Super Bowl and not blowing it off?

Anyone else want to have a press conference to announce that they plan on doing their jobs?

"I take care of my kids!"

--Chris Rock

Why are they holding a press conference if he's staying?

Probably because NaPolian is their GM and he is a certified egomaniac.

And why is Caldwell going to be there?

To announce that he will replace Dungy, whenever St. Dungy decides to call it quits.

PFT said he is gone? What a surprise. I'll put more trust into Schefter.

What kind of self-absorbed a**hole holds a press conference to announce that they are not quitting their job?

Was thinking the same thing. I also think it's no coincidence that he waited until MLK's birthday to announce it.

Because Tony Dungy is made of glass.

Ha! :D

To announce that he will replace Dungy, whenever St. Dungy decides to call it quits.

Oh right, that makes sense. Maybe Dungy is only going to stay for one more season, and then hand it off to Caldwell.

Was thinking the same thing. I also think it's no coincidence that he waited until MLK's birthday to announce it.

Ridiculous. Why would you think that? How about he just decided to wait a full week after the Colts lost?

the whole world seems to be logged onto colts.com the site is down

Ridiculous. Why would you think that? How about he just decided to wait a full week after the Colts lost?

Dungy has always been a holier-than-thou, self-important jackass that the media wouldn't dare speak ill of. I'm simply saying the timing doesn't surprise me, though as you said it may just be coincidence. You don't have to agree but that's my take on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey