PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ducks win the Cup

primetime

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
So Lord Stanley's home is in Southern California this year. I am, of course, a Bruins fan, but the Ducks are my favorite team in the West, so I was happy. The Bruins may have a chance at Giguere or Selanne this summer (if the latter doesn't use this victory as a chance to cap off his career a la Bettis), though I'm not in the camp that thinks Giguere is a necessary upgrade over Thomas with Rask and Hannu in the wings.

I actually thought the Ducks vs. Sens reminded me of PATS vs. RAMS. The Pats took all the fire power and beat the crap out of it. Similar to what the ducks did to the sens.

Mike

Theres something geographically wrong about the stanley cup residing in Cali...just sayin'

I'm a longtime Patriot's fan who has lived in Southern California since 1981. I started going to Duck's games since their inception. Patriot Super Bowl wins in 2001, 2003, and 2004 are still the best Championships I've enjoyed. Red Sox finally winning it is next. For me personally, the Duck's winning is fifth on the list. Most of the fans out here are people who have moved here from other parts of the country and grew up with hockey and adopted the Ducks.

Theres something geographically wrong about the stanley cup residing in Cali...just sayin'
As opposed to Carolina and Tampa Bay. Lord Stanley's Cup has a taste for sunshine these past few years/

The hockey apocalypse is upon us. Lord Stanley must be turning over in his grave.

Though Teemu Salenne is adorable so I'm ok with his winning.

Like Rome said southern cali loves success (not hockey)....this celebration will pass in a few days and then it's on to something else

Like Rome said southern cali loves success (not hockey)....this celebration will pass in a few days and then it's on to something else
Jim Rome knows nothing about the Ducks and their fans. The Ducks have a very loyal following that loves hockey. Of course, very few of them were born here.

But what Championship celebrations don't pass in a few days. I myself am following the Sox closely, even though it's from afar. Also anticipating a very exciting Patriot season when the NFL season starts. But that does not take away from my appreciation of what the Ducks accomplished.

Rome is the biggest jerk in the media. He has an overblown ego and thinks he is bigger than the sports he supposed to cover. I don't think Jim Rome is even capable of filling out a jockstrap, if he even knows how to put one on.

Congrats to the Ducks with their rich hockey tradition and their long suffering, non band wagon jumping on fans for FINALLY securing the Stanley Cup after all of those years of playoff heartbreak. Was it me, or did it seem like the ducks were cursed; all of those trips to the finals with nothing to show for it until this year, WOW!!

I remember when the Ducks first secured a hockey franchise, ESPN ran around the clock coverage out in front of the ducks arena interviewing fans who had been waiting outside in those frigid CA temps to secure ducks tickets; the looks on some of their faces was priceless and I will cherish those memories forever.

Great to see places like Carolina/Anaheim/Florida, you know, the true hotbeds of hockey (original six my ass), get to grab onto Lord Stanley's Cup. This is why hockey is and always will be the greatest sport on God's green earth, you just can't buy moments like this. I tried to grab my Anaheim Ducks Stanley Cup Champions gear at Bob's today, but man o man, the lines were about 50 people long, plus all they had left for sizes was extra small, so it looks like I'll be back there tomorrow as I just called and spoke to the manager and he assured me a fresh shipment was due to arrive; hey, 5:00am can't come fast enough for me.

You can have your Red Sox winning a world series; imagine the nerve of those fans, after all, they JUST won a championship in 1918 for petes sake.

Here's hoping the Columbus Blue Jackets and their terrific, die hard fans get a chance to have a HUGE parade in downtown Columbus next year, can you imagine the crazed celebration that will erupt in Columbus, I might have to drive out there to warm myself in the afterglow should such a monumental event take place; after all, they too deserve a cup........................

Here's hoping the Columbus Blue Jackets and their terrific, die hard fans get a chance to have a HUGE parade in downtown Columbus next year, can you imagine the crazed celebration that will erupt in Columbus, I might have to drive out there to warm myself in the afterglow should such a monumental event take place; after all, they too deserve a cup........................

At least there are hockey players and fans in Columbus. It's a small city, sure, but it's not as bad as, say, Nashville or Phoenix having teams; at least it has a hockey tradition and is in a cold climate.

Yeah, there's that.

Anyway, everytime I hear the word Columbus, I think of the Three Stooges episode;

"There she is fellas, your car for the trip."

"What make is that?"

"It's a Columbus."

"Nevermind who you bought it from; I thought he came over here on a boat.".....................

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back