PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Draft order

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinator

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
If the season ended today 1.Rams, 2. Dolphins 3. Jets. The Niners, Falcons, Raiders and Bengels are all 2-6. How does one determine who goes 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th? I appreciate any help.

TIA

bump.........................

i think opponents strength of schedule?

Wherever we wind up, I hope we get James Laurenitis from Ohio State, he's a beast, the next great LB'er in the NFL.

We should get a 4-8 pick for sure. LB would be great but will BB finally draft one?

We should get a 4-8 pick for sure. LB would be great but will BB finally draft one?

You know whoever he drafts, we won't be expecting it. I wouldn't be shocked if we wind up with someone like Darren McFadden.

Wherever we wind up, I hope we get James Laurenitis from Ohio State, he's a beast, the next great LB'er in the NFL.

Couldn't agree with you more. He's whom I'm targeting right now.

Won't a lot depend on if they institute a Rookie salary cap?

the guy sounds great....but BB has had choice of some great LBers and passed them up?

Good time for this discussion since we are entering a bye. What if we trade our pick for an established player? Who would you trade that pick for, maybe Manning (LMAO). Seriously, would you trade for Ed Reed (never mind that fumble tonight).

Won't a lot depend on if they institute a Rookie salary cap?

Not if the Pats are picking very high, they won't. Polian will see to that......

Kraft and BB have said in the past that a top ten pick is not worth the money now unless they put in a rookie salary cap. I can't see that happening until the next CBA. I forsee a trade down, or maybe completely out if we try to resign Moss and Asante.

Kraft and BB have said in the past that a top ten pick is not worth the money now unless they put in a rookie salary cap. I can't see that happening until the next CBA. I forsee a trade down, or maybe completely out if we try to resign Moss and Asante.

In complete agreement. I think they will put a higher priority on resigning some of their possible free agents....wondering how high they will go to keep Stallworth with CJ coming back full strength next year...

I think it would hilarious if the got a top 10 pick then trade it to Dallas for the two late first round picks they will have then trade out of the first round again for a pick next year. Do you think Goodall Would even Have the courage to announce it or whould just give up storm off the stage in frustration. now that is a image worth seeing

The Dolphins and Jets are both punished because they have played us with our great record... and they will have to play us again. :rocker:

According to someone I was talking to about this earlier, James Laurinaitis has already stated his intentions of coming back to college next season. Now, that doesn't mean he can't change his mind down the road, but I wouldn't count on his declaring either.

Really, I could see them drafting someone like Kenny Phillips or Rey Maualuga, and they may be able to trade back to around 12-16 and still land one of them. Think about that, they could trade back to the middle of round one, grab a top prospect, and get a second, or third rounder in return.

This year I think NE should try and use a lot of their picks instead of trading them into next year, as the 2008 Patriots look to have more potential holes then recent Pats sqauds.

According to someone I was talking to about this earlier, James Laurinaitis has already stated his intentions of coming back to college next season. Now, that doesn't mean he can't change his mind down the road, but I wouldn't count on his declaring either.

Well, for the moment, we can all dream. :)

if its top 5 or higher they will tade down

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey