PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-Draft: Derrick Harvey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

37Harrison

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
For those who follow college football...

What do you know about Florida's DE Derrick Harvey. Looks like he has the size to play as a LB in BB's defense (6'5", 250). He declared for the draft (foregoing his senior year) last night and was told that he is projected as a 1st rounder.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/news/story?id=3179754Harvey decides to enter draft.

Dude, there's a whole other forum for draft talk.

didn't realize, sorry about that. Mods please move.

Nevermind, just delete.

Last edited:
Harvey was a beast in last year's national championship game. This year I think he has had the bullseye on him from day 1 by opposign teams.
Most scouts think he is a better prospect than Moss was last year and Moss went #16 or #17 in the draft.
I watched him in the Vandy - Florida game earlier this year and he is fast. I'm thinking he runs in the mid 4.5's. On one play in particular he went up against Vandy's OT Chris Williams, I think, and Williams tooled him. But on the next play he came right back and made a play in the Vandy backfield. He shows more heart rushing the passer than playing the run. I did not see him on special teams.

PS: Vandy OT's Williams and Stamper are both pretty good and both be in the NFL next season. Williams is the better of the two and could probably beat out O'Callaghan as the third OT for us next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back