PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Doug Flutie's performance on ESPN/ABC's college gameday

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Way OT...Is Doug doing a good job on college gameday? IMO he seems lacking in self-confidence, something I never thought I'd say, and it's becoming a bit uncomfortable watching him. I am rooting for him to improve, but I wonder if the producers at this point are wondering if they made a mistake. In comparison the great Craig James comes across as a true star. I guess the TV thing is tougher than it looks.

Way OT...Is Doug doing a good job on college gameday? IMO he seems lacking in self-confidence, something I never thought I'd say, and it's becoming a bit uncomfortable watching him. I am rooting for him to improve, but I wonder if the producers at this point are wondering if they made a mistake. In comparison the great Craig James comes across as a true star. I guess the TV thing is tougher than it looks.

I think he does a fine job, though not great. My only complaint about James is that they insist on calling him Pony, which (though I understand is from his SMU days) makes him sound like a character from The Outsiders or a guy working 10th avenue. :bricks:

His booster seat needs to be a little higher.

His booster seat needs to be a little higher.

Ouch. That's cold-blooded.

Did Flutie work the BC-GT game? Ryan looked like an NFL-caliber QB there. And I'm glad to see that BC finally has a HC who plays to win, instead of not to lose.

P.S.: I want Doug as our shadow roster QB, not Vinnie.

I agree. Flutie has not been good so far. He doesn't know when to talk, when he does talk his points aren't that great, and he does distracting things like fiddle with his wires and stuff.

He needs a hair cut, a shave and some nicer clothes. Hopefully that wasn't too harsh.

Not to be contrary, but i thought
he's doing fine at a new gig.
Articulate ... knows the game ... pleasant voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back