PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Doug Flutie's parents both die on the same day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely brutal, feel for Flutie and his family.

Awful news. They were just talking about it on WEEI. Apparently, Doug's dad had something happen to him, and, while they were trying to revive him, Doug's mom had a heart attack.

Best wishes sounds woefully insufficient at a time like this, but the Flutie family certain has that from me. May God help them through this terrible time.

Some local's are saying they have heard both died of heart attacks. Dad first followed shortly after by his Mom. Sad.

According to Flutie:

Dad had been ill, and was in the hospital.
Dad had a heart attack and died.
Mom died of a heart attack not long after (an hour or less, I believe. The radio squelched on that part)

That's so sad you are in my Prayers Doug.:(

They say that 50% of those married over 30 years pass within 1 year of each other, but this is a sad, extreme example of that. Condolences and best wishes to the Fluties.

From Doug's FB page:

"It is with a heavy heart that I am making this statement. This morning my family experienced the tragic loss of my father, **** and mother, Joan. My Dad had been ill and died of a heart attack in the hospital and my Mom, less than an hour later had a sudden heart attack and passed away. They say you can die of a broken heart and I believe it. I would like to honor my parents for all that they did throughout my and my brothers’ and sister’s lives. My parents were always there for their children, from the days my Dad coached us as kids and my Mom would work the concession stands, through to this morning. The most important part of their 56 years of marriage was providing opportunities to their children. They were incredible parents and Grandparents and my family and I will miss them both. On behalf of me and the entire Flutie family, I would like to thank you all for your well wishes and prayers during this difficult time."​

Tragic and beautiful at the same time. Flutie was a huge deal to me when I was young and I feel very sorry for the guy.

May God be with the Flutie family, and may He rest and keep Doug's parents' immortal souls.

Any idea their ages?

My god, that's rough. Sorry for your loss, Doug...

I cannot even imagine something like that, 56 years of marriage, I'd think they were in their late 70's so I hope their relatives can find some relief over the fact that they did follow the course of nature even though in these sad circumstances

TERRIBLE! Condolences to Doug and his family. God Bless.

One saw no point in living life without the other and her heart couldn't take that. My best wishes to Doug. May he find comfort in the fact that they will both enter paradise together.

How sad.
Prayers for Doug Flutie and his family.
RIP to his parents.

So hard for the kids, but beautiful in a way for that couple.

Random memory, went to the Natick mall when Flutie-mania was at its peak, he was there with his parents and they allo got absolutely MOBBED. Nothing crazy and everyone in such good spirits, though...it was really just a sight to behold.

They say that 50% of those married over 30 years pass within 1 year of each other, but this is a sad, extreme example of that. Condolences and best wishes to the Fluties.

My parents died two days apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back