PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Doofins retaining lame duck head coach Sparano (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Sorry ... Dolphins extend Sparano through '13

By all accounts, Sparano is a good coach. I've seen the comments Jason Taylor and Ricky Williams made and I'll take them with a grain of salt. Jason Taylor had two opportunities to come to New England and he chose to stay in MIA and last year chose to go to the Jets. That tells me all I need to know about him. I respect Ricky Williams as a football player but as someone who should be taken seriously, I just don't. Maybe I should but I just can't.

They have good talent. What is killing them is the quarterback position. If they had even a decent QB they would have been 10-6 or 11-5.

Sparano needs a good FO. I'm not sure Jeff Ireland is the guy. He may be still too inexperienced to deal with a egomaniac like Stephen Ross who hasn't quite matured to the level of ownership that Kraft, the Rooney's and others are currently at.

Agreed. Sparano is not a "bad" coach. The talent is there, I think there is a QB problem but does Hene really need to be replaced? Perhaps Hene needs some more guidance and grooming? Damn AFC East is getting to be drama central.

Agreed. Sparano is not a "bad" coach. The talent is there, I think there is a QB problem but does Hene really need to be replaced? Perhaps Hene needs some more guidance and grooming? Damn AFC East is getting to be drama central.

Yea Sparano isn't BB but I don't think hes in the bottom 15 either.

I was actually high on Henne. I thought he was a good pick. In his first year as a starter, he did some good things in 2009 but seems to have leveled off last year. Hes just so erratic.

I think it speaks volumes that they went 11-5 with Pennington in 2008 and when he was healthy this year, they wanted to put him back in there.

Last edited:
Re: Miami Dolphins schedule, then cancel, meeting with Eric Mangini

The Dolphins organization is a MESS! Good news for Pats fans.

Yea Sparano isn't BB but I don't think hes in the bottom 15 either.

I was actually high on Henne. I thought he was a good pick. In his first year as a starter, he did some good things in 2009 but seems to have leveled off last year. Hes just so erratic.

I think it speaks volumes that they went 11-5 with Pennington in 2008 and when he was healthy this year, they wanted to put him back in there.

I watched most of Henne's games in college and he's not bad at all, just not a franchise QB. He seems like a really solid back-up QB option, but if he's your lead guy, you're in trouble.

He always seemed to play his worst in the biggest moments when the pressure was on. But when there were low expectations, he was able to play at a high level. I was going to break down his college performances but realized it brought up a lot of bad Chad Henne memories as a Michigan fan :bricks:

But he went 0-4 as a starter against Ohio St., and while everyone remembers that huge game against Florida in the Capital One Bowl game, I just remember that as typical Henne, playing big when there were no expectations. Not a great year, got into a big bowl by rep, playing the defending champs who were ranked #9 that year and nobody giving us a chance, and Henne excels.

Seriously, **** Chad Henne.

I watched most of Henne's games in college and he's not bad at all, just not a franchise QB. He seems like a really solid back-up QB option, but if he's your lead guy, you're in trouble.

He always seemed to play his worst in the biggest moments when the pressure was on. But when there were low expectations, he was able to play at a high level. I was going to break down his college performances but realized it brought up a lot of bad Chad Henne memories as a Michigan fan :bricks:

But he went 0-4 as a starter against Ohio St., and while everyone remembers that huge game against Florida in the Capital One Bowl game, I just remember that as typical Henne, playing big when there were no expectations. Not a great year, got into a big bowl by rep, playing the defending champs who were ranked #9 that year and nobody giving us a chance, and Henne excels.

Seriously, **** Chad Henne.

Yea thats my take too. Put some pressure on him and he tries to do too much to rise to the occasion.

He has talent no question. It's the mental aspect of the game that he seems to struggle with.

Last edited:
Re: Miami Dolphins schedule, then cancel, meeting with Eric Mangini

The Dolphins organization is a MESS! Good news for Pats fans.

Now, if the Jets can beat the Colts and then the Patriots destroy the Jets, we could see pure chaos in Miami, Indy and N.Y..

mrburns.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye