PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Doofins retaining lame duck head coach Sparano (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol at Dolphins fans going nuts.

Re: Miami Dolphins schedule, then cancel, meeting with Eric Mangini

Bwahahahahahahaha :rocker:

Mangini..... Bwahahahahahahaha

Please, Miami... PLEASE hire the Mangenious. PLEASE!

the guy was a bad HC with the jets and was even worst with the browns... and he's one year as the DC with the pats 2005 the defense was ranked 26th and he had the best front 7 in football to work with, the guy sucks

Wow, that's pretty funny!

I saw on finheaven about a week ago some fans wanted the team to consider him for HC. I had to sign up and tell them I couldn't believe what I just read.

Mangini is that 80's movie villain that won't go away until he is impaled with PVC into a hot water heater.

I just can't imagine how Sparano has any credibility at all within that organization after the past week. The owners has more or less sent the message that he is there because nobody better would take his job.

Kinda funny how a lot of Dolphins fans thought the Sporano/Parcells combo was going to take over the AFC East because they won the same number of games as a Cassel led Pats team.

I couldn't. be happier....I live in south Florida and the doofin fans are obnoxious....like the gator fans....every year they are going to the bowl, pats time is over, they're the new sheriff in town, etc....So seeing them going ballistic over their team...and shutting their mouths is very enjoyable for me..

I couldn't. be happier....I live in south Florida and the doofin fans are obnoxious....like the gator fans....every year they are going to the bowl, pats time is over, they're the new sheriff in town, etc....So seeing them going ballistic over their team...and shutting their mouths is very enjoyable for me..

I think the Phins are very close to being a solid contender. They, likely, are a good QB from being in the playoffs. Since I believe Mangini was not ready for prime time -- essentially he was riding the coattails of BB -- the Phins' owner hiring Mangini would be a plus for the Patriots (not that it ever was going to happen). Given Mangini's track record with the Jets and Browns, any owner hiring Mangini as HC would be labeled 'off his rocker'. This leaves the distinct possibility he will become HC of the Raiders.

Regarding Sparano, the performance of his players (too many of them) against the Patriots speaks volumes. A meaningless, end of season game is a good moment to determine how much fight a team has. If the BB Patriots came out and played like they had already begun their offseason vacation.......that would be the moment I begin to think 'has BB lost his touch'.

Re: OT: Sorry ... Dolphins extend Sparano through '13

For someone that wants to win so badly, Stephen Ross has definitely shown that he has no idea how to do it. I don't think you can possibly handle a situation more poorly than he did.

He's like the ugly girlfriend you keep around just in case the hot chick doesnt dig you.

It just keeps getting better 'n' better to be a Patriot fan with the Dolphins n Jersey Jets in our division.

Dolphins are highly intelligent creatures and don't deserve to have a franchise that inept named after them. They should rename 'em the Miami Flounders.

Time for the happy dance... woo wee!!!!

Dolphins are highly intelligent creatures and don't deserve to have a franchise that inept named after them. They should rename 'em the Miami Flounders.

This just in. Maybe it's the fish they're named after, not the mammal.

Awesome! :rofl:

Now THERE is a well-run franchise!!! :D :D :D

By all accounts, Sparano is a good coach. I've seen the comments Jason Taylor and Ricky Williams made and I'll take them with a grain of salt. Jason Taylor had two opportunities to come to New England and he chose to stay in MIA and last year chose to go to the Jets. That tells me all I need to know about him. I respect Ricky Williams as a football player but as someone who should be taken seriously, I just don't. Maybe I should but I just can't.

They have good talent. What is killing them is the quarterback position. If they had even a decent QB they would have been 10-6 or 11-5.

Sparano needs a good FO. I'm not sure Jeff Ireland is the guy. He may be still too inexperienced to deal with a egomaniac like Stephen Ross who hasn't quite matured to the level of ownership that Kraft, the Rooney's and others are currently at.

Last edited:

By all accounts, Sparano is a good coach. I've seen the comments Jason Taylor and Ricky Williams made and I'll take them with a grain of salt. Jason Taylor had two opportunities to come to New England and he chose to stay in MIA and last year chose to go to the Jets. That tells me all I need to know about him. I respect Ricky Williams as a football player but as someone who should be taken seriously, I just don't. Maybe I should but I just can't.

They have good talent. What is killing them is the quarterback position. If they had even a decent QB they would have been 10-6 or 11-5.

Sparano needs a good FO. I'm not sure Jeff Ireland is the guy. He may be still too inexperienced to deal with a egomaniac like Stephen Ross who hasn't quite matured to the level of ownership that Kraft, the Rooney's and others are currently at.

I'm not that high on Sparano, but you're right, the QB and OC deserve far more blame for this season than Sparano. And I think Ireland is definitely not the right guy for the job.

But this extension seems ridiculous after all that just happened. This is a mistake piled onto another mistake. If they didn't believe Sparano was the guy, they should have fired him and gone after another candidate. I'm sure Harbaugh wasn't impressed that an owner would go behind his coach's back to recruit another guy, because that could just as easily be him in 3 years. This could be a repeat of the Wade Phillips error, where they weren't thrilled with him but extended him and just ended up having to pay him more money when they fired him.

And anytime I hear anything about how Ross runs the Dolphins, I am a little more thankful for Mr. Kraft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back