PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Last edited:
i called this a couple years ago on the broncos board

said he seemed mentally unstable

Borderline?!!

When I studied this stuff, the leading barometer was that it is difficult to describe, but when you in the presence of a person with Borderline Personality Disorder you know it, as you are very uncomfortable.

They are very unstable.. and even more difficult to like.

According to NIMH..

NIMH · Borderline Personality Disorder

People with BPD often have highly unstable patterns of social relationships. While they can develop intense but stormy attachments, their attitudes towards family, friends, and loved ones may suddenly shift from idealization (great admiration and love) to devaluation (intense anger and dislike).

Hopefully he can get treatment for this.

This explains somethings with him!

I think it was very good (and no doubt difficult) for him to tell everyone about it!

He could have just said nothing, and only let those close to him know!

It's not a huge surprise. I mean, judging by the last few years, it was clear something was wrong with his head.

But kudos to him for coming out about it now. There are lots of stigmas attached with mental illnesses, and he may encourage others in similar situations to seek professional help.

And I do sympathize. I watched Chad Henne at Michigan and it made me more than a little crazy and depressed at times. You're not alone Brandon.

I would hazard a guess he is just one of many suffering from BPD in the NFL...

Hopefully he can get treatment for this.

He's already in treatment and good for him for doing it. Not an easy thing to admit to yourself, let alone the rest of the world, especially in the 'macho' NFL.

I saw the press conference live on NFLN and it was quite compelling.

I don't know that this is a legit disorder or not. It seems as if there is always a new disorder, so people can make excuses and say it's not their fault, it's a disorder.

But what I got out of the press conference is tha he seemed to be sincere in finally coming grips that he has behaved badly and has been a jerk. I hope that he means it and can enjoy his blesssed life and be a good person.

I saw the press conference live on NFLN and it was quite compelling.

I don't know that this is a legit disorder or not. It seems as if there is always a new disorder, so people can make excuses and say it's not their fault, it's a disorder.

It's a legit disorder and one of the most serious a person can have and still function. It's barely treatable. People with BPD must be taught by a therapist how to mimic normal behavior, because they can't actually feel the difference between normal and abnormal.

It's a legit disorder and one of the most serious a person can have and still function. It's barely treatable. People with BPD must be taught by a therapist how to mimic normal behavior, because they can't actually feel the difference between normal and abnormal.

It's not a "new" disorder (the term borderline itself dates back to the 1930s, and the concept is even older), although it is almost certainly badly-named.

Good for him for coming forward. I wish him the best in his treatment. I hope he has a strong support network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back