PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dolphins Look Awful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, this game will not shut up any Dolphins fans. Oh, how I'd love to point out that Henne threw more picks than TDs last season, or that two NFL GMs have said that Henne is nothing special, or that Marshall only had three 100 catch seasons because he led the NFL in targets over that period, or that Marshall has needed games of 18 and 21 catches to reach 100 catches in two of those three seasons, or that Davis and Smith were statistically the worst pair of starting CBs in the NFL last season. Yeah, they're overrated, and I'm not even watching the game :lol2:

This post is ******ed.

Henne was in his first year as a starting QB.
Oh, Marshall "only" had 3 consecutive 100 catch seasons because he led the league in targets? So? Doesn't that come with the territory? Marshall needed a 18 or 21 catch day to get over 100 each year? So? Should we take away all extroardinary statistical days for all skill players then? Chris Johnson needed 228 yds in week 8 last year. Without that, he wouldn't have gotten to 2000 rushing yards.

What a ignorant post.

For the record, I hate the Dolphins. But I hate ignorance equally as much.

Last edited:
I'm scared to make a thread on this forum. QB12 points out a divisional rival looks awful in preseason game 1 and everyone is giving him crap.
Didn't you get the word? Anyone who hints that the Pats might win a few games are hopeless homers, and it is the duty of objective fans to curb any enthusiasm that might break out for the New England you-know-who's.

That's why he is dropping passes? Because it is the first preseason game? Didn't seem to bother Edelman that it was the first preseason game.

Well, if you're going to be a jerk; maybe it was because Marshall has never caught passes from Henne in a live game before. Edelman played with Brady last year. Henne and Marshall don't have that yet.

I wasn't even the one trying to be a prick, all I was saying was it's the first preseason game of the season don't read too much into it.

The field and rain is ruining the game. But, any-who I don't know how people are picking the dolphins over the patriots. Dolphins look like the bills right now

That's true.. but what does this have to do with Mankin's contract? :rolleyes:

It's all about 'context' Gwedd, don't you know?
It's simple, really. We need Mankins to protext the QB. Without Mankins, there is no protext, only context. We have no Mankins, so it is all about the context.

I hope when I grow up, and have over 15,000 posts, I can understand 'context' as good as you.

You know when you have to resort to pointing out the number of posts someone has that you are desperate for attention.

Maybe if you had added some context, like the fact that Freeman was looking good despite the rain, you'd have had a better argument. Instead, you looked foolish and got called on it. Don't blame me if you have issues putting together a decently thought out post.

That's why he is dropping passes? Because it is the first preseason game? Didn't seem to bother Edelman that it was the first preseason game.

Was it raining during the Pats game? Nope.. Was it the first game of the season in which Edelman was catching passes from Brady? Nope..

My impression is that their D will be weaker.

OTOH I don't know who they have ready to step up.

Look how many people have written off the Pats this year not realizing the wealth of talent we have from the last 2 drafts.

I'll wait to see what they look like when the games are for real.

It's simple, really. We need Mankins to protext the QB. Without Mankins, there is no protext, only context. We have no Mankins, so it is all about the context.

Ah hah! thanks.... I think I've got it now.

In other words, the Pats are DOOMED!

:eek:

QB12, mind if I use this thread as saturday preseason talk? :D

T.Gerhart left tackle pushed ob at STL 49 for 22 yards.

I wish I had this game on TV. I wonder if it was a power run where he broke tackles for that big gain.

This post is ******ed.

Henne was in his first year as a starting QB.
Oh, Marshall "only" had 3 consecutive 100 catch seasons because he led the league in targets? So? Doesn't that come with the territory? Marshall needed a 18 or 21 catch day to get over 100 each year? So? Should we take away all extroardinary statistical days for all skill players then? Chris Johnson needed 228 yds in week 8 last year. Without that, he wouldn't have gotten to 2000 rushing yards.

What a ignorant post.
I don't know. Don't be so hard on yourself. You make a couple of good points in this post.

patsinthesnow: Not at all, fire away my friend.

Last edited:
Was it raining during the Pats game? Nope.. Was it the first game of the season in which Edelman was catching passes from Brady? Nope..
You took my post out of context. I wish to file an official protext.

They do look terrible, but it's the first preseason game. Not every team is going to come out in preseason Week 1 and set the world on fire. Just like I'm not prepared to make a judgment on how good the Pats are after preseason week 1, I'm not about to make a judgment on how bad the division rivals are after preseason week 1.

That one left a mark Spacecrime.

Benjamin Watson just caught a TD pass from Seneca Wallace. The Browns look surprisingly spry, and Aaron Rodgers looks in midseason form.

Dare I say are the Madden simulations right?

You took my post out of context. I wish to file an official protext.

Ok.. just make sure you are the last one to post in this thread..

Benjamin Watson just caught a TD pass from Seneca Wallace. The Browns look surprisingly spry, and Aaron Rodgers looks in midseason form.

Dare I say are the Madden simulations right?

10/10 146 yards 1 TD. Wow.

Wait, what did the Madden simulations say?

ESPN simulated the playoffs three times, and each time came up the same: Patriots beat Green Bay in the Super Bowl due to late game heroics by Tom Brady.

Earlier this year, the Madden games correctly predicted the (Blackhawks?) as the Stanley Cup Winner & correctly picked Spain to win the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down