OT: Does CBS want Jets to lose AFCCG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBeliever

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Very interesting...

Why CBS wants the Jets to lose - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

What blows my mind is the charge that the network wants Colts-Vikings in the Big Game. I figured they'd want Colts vs. Saints, so everyone could blow their wads on the irony of Peyton facing off against his dad's team... :rolleyes:

Re: Report: CBS wants Jets to lose AFCCG

That is pretty interesting. I would have figured CBS, which is anchored in New York, would want the Jets in the big game.

Please remove the misleading 'Report' part from the title.

I agree, the thread title is a bit misleading. Nobody at CBS said this; it's the opinion of somebody that used to work there. And though I do agree with the logic of the ex-CBS exec, I doubt CBS will be shedding any tears regardless of who wins either game. All four teams and all four potential matchups have angles that can easily be marketed and promoted.

Now if the final four teams were say Carolina, Seattle, Jacksonville and Kansas City, then the networks might be wringing their hands and it would be folks in marketing rather than NFL coaches who would be sleeping on a couch at work working on a game plan.

One thing I was really surprised to see in the article was that they say the highest rated Super Bowl of the last decade was the game between the Rams and Titans. I thought for sure I remembered reading that the Pats - Giants had the most viewers ever, and a game (49ers - Bengals?) before cable had the highest percentage.

EDIT: Yes, the article is way off on it's claim about the Rams-Titans ratings. It not only was not the most watched Super Bowl ever, it wasn't the most watched Super Bowl at that point in time. As of now, the Pats-Giants is still first, while the Rams-Titans ranks eighth.
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/01/18/historical-super-bowl-tv-ratings/11044

Last edited:

Brett Favre is a bigger Draw than the Saints, but Id rather see the saints and the Colts just because it would be an entertaining game.

"Hopes for no fishy PI calls on Revis because of this" :rolleyes:

Look, I wasn't trying to make an accusation against the Columbia Broadcasting System. I didn't think using the word "Report" in the title was making that implication. Rather, I saw it as the same as using the word "alleged". Sheesh.

Report generally means something has come up factually:)

That's all, man.

Well Dan Dierdof has a mancrush on Peyton Manning. Last week he said during the game at one stage that any good pass is because of Peyton Manning but if its not caught its never his fault, its the receiver or good coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down