PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Do you miss Herman Edwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
On one of the Dallas radio shows today, one of the shock jocks called the KC Chiefs the "worst" in the league.

Does the rest of the division miss Herman Edwards?

Certainly, but he's helping make a Pats fan out of a young lady I know of in JustinRogersburg so it ain't all bad...

They actually had to give a draft pick for him , I believe. LOL!!

Herm's theme song, by the group Chicago:

"Does anybody really know what time it is?":rofl:

I'm no fan of Edwards, but I can't blame him for the disintegration of that offensive line.

I dont know we had our version of Herm Edwards and his name is Pete Carroll.. Edwards would do well in the college game, he is not a pro coach...

Yes, I miss Herm desperately.

The way in which his decent but naive personality clashed with the blowhard Jets fans was endlessly hilarious to someone with a childish sense of humour (me!).

Herm is one of those guys who come across as media darling, kinda folksy, homey, a mature guy... but on the field he is a bonehead, yea I miss him a lot.

Herm mis-managing the two minute drill and all things clock was a wonder to behold and a source of unending amusement.

Herm mis-managing the two minute drill and all things clock was a wonder to behold and a source of unending amusement.

True, but can anything ever beat the Iggles' utter cluelessness in SB39? :D

Last edited:
True, but can anything ever beat the Iggles' utter cluelessness in SB39? :D

Yah, I remember thinking, "THIS is how a 'great' coach (Reid) handles the clock?" I couldn't believe they were just giving us the game by taking so long between plays.

I am tired of seeing Herm featured in places like NFLN. Always talking about character, God and family coming first, players being good men, blah, blah, blah -- stuff he always goes out of his way to make a big deal out of that is quietly assumed with a team like the Patriots. I think he probably overemphasizes those things to compensate for his shortcomings as a coach.

I am tired of seeing Herm featured in places like NFLN. Always talking about character, God and family coming first, players being good men, blah, blah, blah -- stuff he always goes out of his way to make a big deal out of that is quietly assumed with a team like the Patriots. I think he probably overemphasizes those things to compensate for his shortcomings as a coach.

Well said.

Yes, I do miss Hermie and the 2 guaranteed wins every year.

Hermie + Wannstadt + the Bills = 5-1 in the division. Good times...good times.

Herm is a media darling because he is colorful. Folksy, homey can disentigrate into overwrought lunatic in a heartbeat if the media asks any pointed questions following a loss. By the time a losing streak is well under way, he's throwing his beloved men under the bus by twos.

I read something somewhere this week that led me to believe that the precipitous fall of the recently powerful KC Chiefs, whose defense always sucked but whose offense could always win 10 games, will be blamed on Carl Peterson essentially handcuffing poor Hermie and rendering him nothing more than a motivational figure head HC ( :rolleyes: which he wasn't always just?...). How could you not miss him in your division.

As BB would say, Herm is what he is.

So is Reid. I don't know where the media gets these over the top reads on these guys as actual head coaching talents. McNabb (and DC Jimmy Johnson) made Reid a coach of the year candidate for years. He really handled that TO debaucle he let McNabb talk him into, didn't he? Jeff Garcia saved Reid's season last year. Unless McNabb stays healthy for the first time in 3 years things could unravel in a hurry in Philly this season. And Reid with all the personal issues he's continuing to face could unravel big time as a result.

Last edited:
There is no other coach I would want the Pats to face with the opposing team having the ball with 2 minutes or less left in the game and a needing a successful drive to tie or win. Edwards is the ultimate choke coach.

I blame him more than anyone for the Chief's loss to the Colts in the playoffs last year. He gave up on the run when it didn't work early eventhough pounding Larry Johnson on that small defense would have eventually paid dividends. He refused to pull Trent Green who struggled all season when he got back from his concussion and couldn't get passes within a yard of his receivers on short routes with no pressure. Edwards choked big time.

Man I was bummed when the Jests let him go. Even more bummed when I found out he was going to the Donks division. I'll always miss those goofy faces he made on the sideline, never mind the rip-roaring funny decisions he made on the field. Classic press conferences too.

image.jpg

At least I get to see him on HBOs Hard Knocks. He makes that show worth watching, he's such a clown and panders to the camera constantly. I get a giggle every time I watch.

Man I was bummed when the Jests let him go. Even more bummed when I found out he was going to the Donks division. I'll always miss those goofy faces he made on the sideline, never mind the rip-roaring funny decisions he made on the field. Classic press conferences too.

image.jpg

At least I get to see him on HBOs Hard Knocks. He makes that show worth watching, he's such a clown and panders to the camera constantly. I get a giggle every time I watch.

Watching Hard Knocks feels like watching a sitcom like "The Office" about a football team. I am in constant shock at the level of stupidity the permeates that team from Carl Peterson right down to that mouth breather Jared Allen.
With every episode you can see that the Chiefs are going nowhere this year.
And in the middle of it all is Herm, blissfully unaware that he is being laughed at, not laughed with.

I am sure that if they turned the camera 24/7 on the Pats we would see that some of these guys we idolize are probably equally meat-headed, which is why I am thankful that with BB at the helm there are minimal opportunities for Pats players to embarrass themselves. I'll take the mystery over the reality any time.

Last edited:
Sure I miss Hermie, but not as much as Dave Wannabestadt and Gregg Williams! And if you wanna step out of the division, you can add Marty Schotmyselfinthefootinheimer to that list too.

I do miss ole Herm with his legendary clock management and mindnumbingly conservative playcalling.

I blame him more than anyone for the Chief's loss to the Colts in the playoffs last year. He gave up on the run when it didn't work early eventhough pounding Larry Johnson on that small defense would have eventually paid dividends. He refused to pull Trent Green who struggled all season when he got back from his concussion and couldn't get passes within a yard of his receivers on short routes with no pressure. Edwards choked big time.

These are true words you speak.

If KC had a competant HC and QB, they would have defeated the dolts.

And as much as we rag on the Penguin, if the donkeys had defeated the 49ers, the jest would have played at Indy, and I feel that they could have beat the dolts as well. And the NEP would have exacted playoff revenge vs. the donkeys and their rookie QB.

It's amazing what a gold mine the NFL is. Clueless buffoons like Peterson and Edwards can slouch their way to mediocrity and still rake in millions. Any conventional business would be doomed with clowns like this at the top. The great Chief fans deserve so much better. Just think, Herm regularly coaches his team to 9 wins. How bad are the other muttonheads? There are probably only a handful of truly competent football men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes