PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dilfer "Sam Bradford is not even close to being the best QB in this draft"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's OK. Trent Dilfer is not even close to being the best former QB-turned-analyst on TV.

That's OK. Trent Dilfer is not even close to being the best former QB-turned-analyst on TV.

I think Dilfer still has that co(ky attitude about downgrading other QBs just because he happened to be the QB on a winning SB team whose defense had everything to say about the 2000 season and the offense was literally along for the ride.

Dilfer could be the luckiest subpar QB to ever start for a SB Champion

And BTW I think Flacco will be 10x BETTER than the career of Dilfer

I happen to also think that Clausen is the #1 QB in this year's draft. I'm taking Dilfer's comment with a grain of salt because of possible bias, but factually speaking, I think his evaluation of Clausen v Bradford is correct. Clausen has a stronger arm, played in a pro style offense in Notre Dame, and made pro style reads.

I think Bradford is more likely to struggle initially in the NFL because of his college offensive system, not making pro style reads, and his lack of arm strength. Bradford's upside might be Chad Pennington, which isn't bad at all, but is not worth the #1 overall pick in the draft.

I happen to also think that Clausen is the #1 QB in this year's draft. I'm taking Dilfer's comment with a grain of salt because of possible bias, but factually speaking, I think his evaluation of Clausen v Bradford is correct. Clausen has a stronger arm, played in a pro style offense in Notre Dame, and made pro style reads.

I think Bradford is more likely to struggle initially in the NFL because of his college offensive system, not making pro style reads, and his lack of arm strength. Bradford's upside might be Chad Pennington, which isn't bad at all, but is not worth the #1 overall pick in the draft.

WHOEVER is QB for the Rams will struggle...I don't care if its Bradford,Clausen,Brady,Manning or Brees...The Rams team has some serious talent issues at WR and the OL leaves much to be desired.

Personally I think Bradford is a huge risk and its because of two things. Firstly and Dilfer is right, he hasn't been challenged in the college game. There is very little pass rush in the Big 12 and he played behind a mammoth OL. When he did get hit he got injured. Thats the other reason I'm concerned about him in the pros, I just don't think he can take hits.

I do think Colt McCoy has been a little overlooked in the draft hype, with Bradford the consensus #1 and Tebow a walking publicity tornado. Add in Bradford's durability question marks, and...

...If I were St. Louis, I'd give serious consideration to taking the top non-QB impact player on my board #1 then targeting McCoy at #33, with a trade up if necessary.

I do think Colt McCoy has been a little overlooked in the draft hype, with Bradford the consensus #1 and Tebow a walking publicity tornado. Add in Bradford's durability question marks, and...

...If I were St. Louis, I'd give serious consideration to taking the top non-QB impact player on my board #1 then targeting McCoy at #33, with a trade up if necessary.

I have a tendency to agree with this assessment. I think in a year or two a lot of people might be kicking themselves for not drafting McCoy..... It's a recurring theme in the draft every few years. When all the dust settles McCoy will have a better NFL career than Tebow and Clausen. Maybe not Bradford though

WHOEVER is QB for the Rams will struggle...I don't care if its Bradford,Clausen,Brady,Manning or Brees...The Rams team has some serious talent issues at WR and the OL leaves much to be desired.

Sjax is THE most talented rb in the league, it's a shame he gets wasted away out there

Sjax is THE most talented rb in the league, it's a shame he gets wasted away out there

Could not say truer words myself...It shows how much Jackson is a man of class and integrity to the team that drafted him by not demanding to be traded to a team with at least a 20% shot of winning a SB

He could be a cancer in the locker room if he wanted out badly,he decided not to be.

Last edited:
Colt McCoy and Trent Dilfer have the same agent.

......funny.....

Just a ploy by agents in order for more money in the pockets of everyone involved.

I'm hoping for Clausen still around at #22 and then McCoy is still on the board in round #2, so that someone will trade with the Pats for that pick.
Teams will give up much more to grab a QB.

I'm hoping for Clausen still around at #22 and then McCoy is still on the board in round #2, so that someone will trade with the Pats for that pick.
Teams will give up much more to grab a QB.

If the Jags have a shot at Clausen,I don't see him passing by them.

I think Dilfer still has that co(ky attitude about downgrading other QBs just because he happened to be the QB on a winning SB team whose defense had everything to say about the 2000 season and the offense was literally along for the ride.

Dilfer could be the luckiest subpar QB to ever start for a SB Champion

And BTW I think Flacco will be 10x BETTER than the career of Dilfer

SlowClap.gif

Last edited:
I don't think Dilfer is off in his assessment of Bradford. The guy runs a spread. Didn't Alex Smith run the spread in college? Granted, Bradford's physical skills are superior to Smith's, but I'd be wary of taking him #1 overall, when you have those 2 defensive beasts as options, as well as the potential to trade down, and take Clausen.

I don't think Dilfer is off in his assessment of Bradford. The guy runs a spread. Didn't Alex Smith run the spread in college? Granted, Bradford's physical skills are superior to Smith's, but I'd be wary of taking him #1 overall, when you have those 2 defensive beasts as options, as well as the potential to trade down, and take Clausen.

Drew Brees says hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes