PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Did anybody watch Brandon Weeden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Wow, this guy was a first round pick? I mean I know there's a learning curve and everything... but this guy was maybe the worst QB I've seen in 5 years. Like flat-out disgusting. Seriously, how do you go through the whole process of scouting him and then proceed to bank your franchise on this guy?

************ are we ever lucky we aren't Browns fans...

Come on. He can't be worse than Tebow.. Can he?
:p

They have a ***** O-line and almost no weapons. Same reason McCoy failed and all the other QBs before him.

The Browns had their priorities all wrong...they have had shoddy O Lines and next to nothing to throw to on offence and an average run game. McCoy had nothing to work with, the organisation threw him back on to the field with a concussion and then he got thrown under the bus in the off season and in camp with no chance to fight for his job.

Weeded could well be better than McCoy for all we know, but we will never find out unless they start bolstering their offence with some half decent targets. They've been a poorly run organisation for a while now.

They are under new ownership who took over just before the season so they are leaving Holmgren and Shurmur in there to absorb the full blame, as well they should. Holmgren proves the adage that it's better to be lucky than good. Had he not come up in Green Bay in Favre's youth...

That is a team that really should go snap up Hoyer. He's a Browns fan and Ohio native and he'd be a very nice affordable and locally marketable transition QB for them while they blow it up and rebuild from scratch the right way.

Hard to say if once again it was just a case of Holmgren's delusion coming to roost or if Shurmur is the worse OC in the history of the league or Weeden had the worst case of next stage fright ever, but the few plays I saw on Redzone he was consistently throwing to spots where there wasn't one of his own teamates within 20 yards...

Let's not jump the gun, the kid's still youn......oops.....forget it

The Browns had their priorities all wrong...they have had shoddy O Lines and next to nothing to throw to on offence and an average run game. McCoy had nothing to work with, the organisation threw him back on to the field with a concussion and then he got thrown under the bus in the off season and in camp with no chance to fight for his job.

Weeded could well be better than McCoy for all we know, but we will never find out unless they start bolstering their offence with some half decent targets. They've been a poorly run organisation for a while now.

And this, my friends, is what separates the good organizations from the perennial bottom feeders.

I watched him throught his career at OSU. His play doesn't surprise me (he has a tendency to drop sidearm and sail his throws). I could never understand the love for him.

Wow, this guy was a first round pick? I mean I know there's a learning curve and everything... but this guy was maybe the worst QB I've seen in 5 years. Like flat-out disgusting. Seriously, how do you go through the whole process of scouting him and then proceed to bank your franchise on this guy?

************ are we ever lucky we aren't Browns fans...

I didn't watch the game because it was on the same time as the Patriots. Did you?

I downloaded the game for ****s and giggles and plan to watch it on friday.

Living in Ohio, I heard how bad he was from the Browns fans.

That's an embarrassing way to start a career... But as far as his play, all rookie QBs get a good full year to be bad and learn the ropes. There's a long list of hall of fame QBs who had God awful first seasons.

I didn't watch the game because it was on the same time as the Patriots. Did you?
I have no life and watched a repeat of the game. Given the many and varied needs on offense and defense for the Browns, selecting a 28 year old QB with low ceiling seemed nonsensical at the time.

The Browns could have taken another impact player at that spot, sucked this season and picked up another high pick. They're going to be in the bottom 3-5 teams this season and would have a chance at Barkley etc (if you're inclined that way).

It's strange as the Browns D is a reasonable unit, especially against the pass. They picked up a work horse stud in Richardson to help the Offense. Unfortunately, they did not much else outside of that.

For Browns' followers sake I hope Weeden improves tremendously over the season because his debut (albeit against a very good Eagles D) was a debacle.

Last edited:
Given his level of NFL experience, Vick wasn't much better.

Given his level of NFL experience, Vick wasn't much better.
I would be interested to know what he was thinking with the throws he was attempting. The Browns had a very real chance to intercept Vick over 6 times.

I would be interested to know what he was thinking with the throws he was attempting. The Browns had a very real chance to intercept Vick over 6 times.

He refuses to slide feet first too. No way he plays 16 games.

"Why the **** won't Reid run the ****ing ball?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back