PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Devin Hester holdout/quote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Devin Hester holdout/quote

too bad Hester never learned to run a route. he might have been drafted in the 1st round, in which case he'd be being paid much better than he is now.

I think this whole trend started, though, with Ty Law and his "gotta feed my family" quote from his days as a Patriot.

wasn't it latrell sprewell that said that?

There is no kick/punt returner who is even close to Devin Hester. He's unbelivable. But the line about how you give your Mom less gifts b/c you have a hot girlfriend was stupid. As other posters said, people are going to take that quote and apply it to his team as if he's saying other players deserve less money so he can get more.

I'm not surprised he made the comment though. Devin Hester is not a smart person and i've heard several interviews with him b/c i live in the Chicago area.

Many times i cannot even understand what he is saying.

Josh Cribbs is pretty damn close, in my opinion.

As an aside, how long have you had "Quiet Strength" in your sig, keegs? It's great. :eat3:

I'm pretty sure Hester is only due to make $400,000 or so next year. I think it's legitimate to ask for more money considering he's the only talented player who doesn't play defense on that team. I don't think he should get a huge contract because he is only a KR/PR, but he deserves a lot more than a mid-round rookie salary, especially on a team whose offense can't score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes