PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: DeSean Jackson...the next FredEx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.bleedeaglesgreen.com/2008/06/desean-jackson-another-freddie-mitcehll.html

Does DeSean Jackson's 2008 Rookie Photo Day Video (discovered by Inside the Iggles) bring back bad memories of Freddie Mitchell?

Watching the video one can't help but think how stupid Jackson looks and sounds.

Throughout his interview Jackson is constantly praising his abilities and displaying the "look at me" personality that too often characterized Freddie Mitchell.

When Jackson wasn't spewing compliments over his abilities, he was saying moronic statements like playing cornerback for the Eagles and being a shutdown corner like Deion Sanders.

And Jackson sure won’t win any points with Eagles fans by constantly mentioning his idolization of Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman, and Michael Irvin. Memo to Jackson: Philadelphia hates the Cowboys!

In the weeks leading up to the draft Jackson was seen being mentored by the legendary Jerry Rice. I guess Jackson did not learn the all-important lesson of letting your play speak for your greatness.

Hopefully Jackson has gotten this behavior out of his system. Future interviews like this will not be tolerated by Eagles fans or by Andy Reid.

Jackson: Before you start comparing yourself to Panther’s receiver Steve Smith, lets first get yourself on the field and make a few catches. Right now the only player you are being compared to is Freddie Mitchell. And that is not a good thing.

Where can I get me a pair of those shades? :cool:

"It was definately a good situation being able to collect cards"

Hilarious.

By the way, does anyone know what happened to Freddie Mitchell? Hopefully he came across a band of rabid pitbulls but I know I'm not lucky enough to receive that gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes