PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Derek Anderson freaks out to reporter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT:DA freaks out to reporter

What is he supposed to do, be in mourning because he threw a pic? It happens. Teams have bad games. Frustrating for the fans, but so what.

Re: OT:DA owns reporter

I realize these guys are human, but he should know better than to be yucking it up on the sidelines when his team is getting killed. Getting miffed about being asked about it doesn't change that.

Pretty much. The yucking it up part pretty much shows the team has thrown in the towel on the season. (Then again, we are talking about the Cardinals here.)

But going off on the reporter only makes it worse. People will remember that far longer than they might remember the thing on the sidelines. Bring up Ryan Leaf and what's the first thing that comes to mind? That clip of him freaking out on the media guy in the locker room.

Whoever wins the division is probably just going to be sent home wildcard weekend. The cards in 08 were pretty bad heading into the playoffs though.

Can you imagine, whatever 8-8 (or worse) team that wins that division is going to be seeded higher than either the Pats or Jets

What is he supposed to do, be in mourning because he threw a pic? It happens. Teams have bad games. Frustrating for the fans, but so what.

Hey now, only Brett Favre is allowed to laugh after playing horrible. Everyone else must be questioned

Reporter is an a-hole trying to score cheap points.

People deal with stress in different ways. Some people try and make light of a bad situation.

I know one girl who told jokes to her friends at her dad's wake. She didn't find her dad's death funny or humorous. But laughing about what some of the people wearing or other things she found funny at the moment was how she coped. One busy body decide to scold her for this. That women was an d-bag. This reporter is a d-bag.

I am f*cking tired of the d-bags that refuse to allow those people who deal with stress through humor from doing so.

And those of you who ripped Tate for laughing on the side lines after his second incomplete pass a few games back are d-bags too.

Some people deal with stress through humor. If you have a problem with that you can go eff yourself!

Totally and 100% agree with you Hoodie. It was kind of pathetic on the reporters part. He made it out to be about him. Kicking him when he was down. What was he hoping to solve there? "Yes I laughed because it is fun getting blown out"...."He told me a funny joke"...."That was bad judgement on my part"....ok, then what.

Not very good at his craft..at all. He should just apply for a position at TMZ, that would be more his speed.

Some people laugh or smile sometimes. Don't over-analyze it. It is who they are. If you don't think he has the credentials to be an NFL QB (leadership, focus or whatever), have the balls to say it. Don't be a sorry azz scum about it and beat around the bush.

If I was his boss he would already be fired...

Totally and 100% agree with you Hoodie. It was kind of pathetic on the reporters part. He made it out to be about him. Kicking him when he was down. What was he hoping to solve there? "Yes I laughed because it is fun getting blown out"...."He told me a funny joke"...."That was bad judgement on my part"....ok, then what.

Not very good at his craft..at all. He should just apply for a position at TMZ, that would be more his speed.

Some people laugh or smile sometimes. Don't over-analyze it. It is who they are. If you don't think he has the credentials to be an NFL QB (leadership, focus or whatever), have the balls to say it. Don't be a sorry azz scum about it and beat around the bush.

If I was his boss he would already be fired...

Sorry but DA is the one that should be fired. Sad, pathetic attempt to deflect his behaviour. A true professional would have attempted to explain it. If you guys can explain so should he.

Sorry but DA is the one that should be fired. Sad, pathetic attempt to deflect his behaviour. A true professional would have attempted to explain it. If you guys can explain so should he.

Bull****. He should have told the reporter to eff off at the first question.

While I am hardly a big fan of Randy Moss, I think Randy has one thing right. Don't answer the media's questions, if there is gonna be an interview ask your own questions and then answer them.

I just saw it, and DA did NOTHING wrong. Player whispered something in his ear, and he cracked barely a smile. Then some jackarse reporter is trying to make it sound like he was belly laughing on the sidelines.

Reporter is a jerk, and DA acted as I would have.

The heat he is receiving for that is ridiculous. It was a smile on the sidelines and even that was for only a moment or two. It could have been anything. Does anyone see players immediately after games? Even the losing team players are yucking it up and smiling and laughing. I'm sure they are still angry, frustrated at having lost but doesn't mean they can't take a moment to be human.

Bull****. He should have told the reporter to eff off at the first question.

While I am hardly a big fan of Randy Moss, I think Randy has one thing right. Don't answer the media's questions, if there is gonna be an interview ask your own questions and then answer them.

Lighten up, Francis. Being a paid employee is part of his being there to answer questions. He get's $$ to represent his team for the Cardinals fans. If the fans are freaking out why he's amused and the reporter asks a question, give a coherent response. He froze and if he were smart he'd apologize to the fans for the misunderstanding. Otherwise he is what he is: a loser.

...players laugh when they win.....what is that? Is that because they are laughing at their opponent? That seems pretty disrespectful to me.

Maybe the reporter's next question can ask the winning players of the next game if they take it seriously, if they take their opponent seriously, if they take the game seriously, if they take their job seriously, if they take the fans seriously. Cause they were laughing and that would insuiate that they don't....according to me

Passing judgement..., again it's crystal clear to see there is an ***** in there somewhere...

Reporter is an a-hole trying to score cheap points.

People deal with stress in different ways. Some people try and make light of a bad situation.

I know one girl who told jokes to her friends at her dad's wake. She didn't find her dad's death funny or humorous. But laughing about what some of the people wearing or other things she found funny at the moment was how she coped. One busy body decide to scold her for this. That women was an d-bag. This reporter is a d-bag.

I am f*cking tired of the d-bags that refuse to allow those people who deal with stress through humor from doing so.

And those of you who ripped Tate for laughing on the side lines after his second incomplete pass a few games back are d-bags too.

Some people deal with stress through humor. If you have a problem with that you can go eff yourself!

"The situation was awful, but we were trying to keep our spirits up" would have been a suitable response. "It wasnt what it seemed. Sometimes the cameras can be misleading" would have been a suitable response. Lying about it was not a suitable response.

"The situation was awful, but we were trying to keep our spirits up" would have been a suitable response. "It wasnt what it seemed. Sometimes the cameras can be misleading" would have been a suitable response.

Agreed, it really wasn't such a hard question. Anderson was clearly rubbed raw to start with -- which, honestly, is itself a rebuttal to the idea that he didn't care about the loss.

Last edited:
He is lying, though. He was laughing with Latui when they were getting killed during the game. It didn't look good.

I realize these guys are human, but he should know better than to be yucking it up on the sidelines when his team is getting killed. Getting miffed about being asked about it doesn't change that.

People laugh at funerals all of the time too. It doesn't mean that they were talking about the person in the casket when they start cracking up. They were probably talking about something else that is completely unrelated to the departed.

In this case, the departed was the game that the Cardinals had. As an aside, if that's Derek Anderson's "heart and soul", then I don't want to see what he looks like when he puts absolutely no effort whatsoever into the upcoming game.

Last edited:
That's the MO of a loser. Not indicting him personally, but that's just not being into, or caring about the game.

Vicious responses to interview questions are a little late in that regard.

Whats funny is he clearly is laughing, yet he says he wasnt.

lol

Whats funny is he clearly is laughing, yet he says he wasnt.

lol

Yeah.... I've laughed at some losses. Sometimes the circumstances bring it about (You're down 12-0 in baseball and a ball goes between a fielder's legs, so you laugh at the complete disaster unfolding before your eyes because there's just nothing more you can do at that point. Things like that). It's the stupidity of lying about it that makes you question whether the guy should be leading a football team.

the reporter was a ****. The first time he asked it the question was legit it got answered there was no need to keep goping and he did he wanted to embrasses him it was wrong.

But hey at least they can make a good commertial out of it

Anderson's QB performance was as inept as you'll ever see. Can't fault the reporter's line of questioning because he's a crap QB who put in a disgusting performance.

Perhaps if Anderson showed his post match heart during the game he wouldn't have been in that position to begin with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey