PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Denver's starting RB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richter

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Looks like Shanahan has named Mike Bell, UDFA, the starting running back of the donkeys. I happened to really like Bell coming out of college, and was surprised to see him go undrafted. Pretty interesting to see, nonetheless.

The starting RB for the PRESEASON.

I was listening to him on the Broncos website and he seems very determined to stay at the top. He is a very well spoken young man who shows a lot of passion for the game. Look for him to stay at the top and do some good things for the Broncos this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
THEARCHIVES said:
I was listening to him on the Broncos website and he seems very determined to stay at the top. He is a very well spoken young man who shows a lot of passion for the game. Look for him to stay at the top and do some good things for the Broncos this year.

So Mike Bell is the real deal and Hank Baskett is just a fad? Like I said before, the Patriots fans spin it as good, if not better, than the media does.

Richter said:
Looks like Shanahan has named Mike Bell, UDFA, the starting running back of the donkeys. I happened to really like Bell coming out of college, and was surprised to see him go undrafted. Pretty interesting to see, nonetheless.

So Cedric Cobbs must be #2 then.

Richter said:
Looks like Shanahan has named Mike Bell, UDFA, the starting running back of the donkeys.

Read NOTHING into this - if Shanahan is good at anything its misleading statements/decisions, and they all have a common purpose - lowering his opponent's guard. Mike Bell could be on the field for 1 series and then Tatum Bell and Ron Dayne would take over. Or maybe this is a motivational tactic to get Tatum and Ron's to get their acts together.

Don't be surprised if we don't see much of Mike Bell come September.

"How can you tell Mike Shanahan is lying?
His lips are moving."

I'm Ron Borges? said:
So Mike Bell is the real deal and Hank Baskett is just a fad? Like I said before, the Patriots fans spin it as good, if not better, than the media does.
Man, what is your problem? One guy shared his one positive opinion about one player and suddenly it's "Pats fans spin"?!?! What does Mike Bell have to do with Hank Baskett? Did you listen to Mike Bell speak? In my humble, joe-shmoe, unedumacated opinion, he does sound like a pretty well spoken young man with a passion for the game... much like Baskett. Much like Jason Avant. Much like a few young men across the league.

Why all the venom and vitriol? Can't you just enjoy life, share your opinion, and let other people share theirs as well?

You obviously disagree with THEARCHIVES' highly controversial views on Mike Bell. :eek: Care to offer your counter opinion? Maybe something someone else can agree or disagree with? Maybe something that will spur some sort of discussion beyond inquiring as to the urine content in your breakfast cereal? Or is steaming turds thrown down upon us great unwashed from high in your ivory tower the best we can hope from you?

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Man, what is your problem? One guy shared his one positive opinion about one player and suddenly it's "Pats fans spin"?!?! What does Mike Bell have to do with Hank Baskett? Did you listen to Mike Bell speak? In my humble, joe-shmoe, unedumacated opinion, he does sound like a pretty well spoken young man with a passion for the game... much like Baskett. Much like Jason Avant. Much like a few young men across the league.

Why all the venom and vitriol? Can't you just enjoy life, share your opinion, and let other people share theirs as well?

You obviously disagree with THEARCHIVES' highly controversial views on Mike Bell. :eek: Care to offer your counter opinion? Maybe something someone else can agree or disagree with? Maybe something that will spur some sort of discussion beyond inquiring as to the urine content in your breakfast cereal? Or is steaming turds thrown down upon us great unwashed from high in your ivory tower the best we can hope from you?

Thanks for sticking up for me! By the way I like your new name under T-Shirt Dynasty...:D

I'm Ron Borges? said:

Hank Baskett has a good chance of starting with the eagles as well. They don't have a clear #1 reciever. All I'm saying is I'm complimenting the passion Mike Bell displays when talking to the media. If you listen to him talk, he sounds like he is going to do everything in his control to stay the starting running back for the Denver Broncos. I don't know why you have a problem with me giving props to another player other than the Patriots.

means nothing right now. Tatum was named starter 2 weeks ago .. Dayne after season ended. Cobbs is a dissapointment in TC i heard.

Basically they have it like this

1. Mike bell
2. Tatum bell
3. Ron Dayne
4. Cedric Cobbs

still a chance to lance Chris Brown or someone

This guy could be a 1000 yard rusher knowing Shannahan.

Kdo5 said:
This guy could be a 1000 yard rusher knowing Shannahan.

Ha! Shanahan would still rather have Mahoney on his team.

I was a fan of Bell's also (Mike), He has good size, and decent moves & speed. I don't know why he wasn't drafted, though he didn't have the greatest senior season. All that being said, unless Mike Bell becomes the next Mike Anderson, I really expect that Tatum Bell would be the one rushing for 1000 yards for the Broncos. I would think that Shanahan's only reluctancy in starting Tatum Bell, is if he thinks Tatum isn't tough enough, Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis & Terrell Davis were all tough backs (and talented).

I think the lack of speed had a lot to do with Bell's not getting drafted. Bell's size and hands are what I thought would endear him to BB and our offense.

After the draft I was one of those that would rather have had Manny Lawson than Maroney. But after seeing how explosive Maroney is, I can see how BB might have fallen in love with this guy.

PS: I still think BB drafted Maroney to screw with the Dolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes