PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Denver's offense looking like the 2007 Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Anyone get this feeling that the Broncos are playing offense like the 2007 Patriots?

The Denver offensive line is playing like the 2007 Pats and protecting Cutler great.

Cutler looks like Brady did at this time last year and the receivers Marshall and Royal look similar in thier domination of the opponents secondary like Moss and Welker last year and the RB is doing just what he needs to make the ground game respectable like Maroney and Faulk did last season.

If they had a defense that would shut the opponents down a few scores less,they would be a carbon copy of last years Patriots right now

Denver all of sudden seems to be the early candidate for cinderella team and we face them soon and knowing our history against them I am not looking forward to it.

Right Now Denver seems to be the far and clear front runner in a division that San Diego was supposed to dominate.

For a change of pace, its something to discuss other than the humiliation we faced yesterday which is getting to be too much.

I believe they have been admiting to copy some things we ran last year. Its a copy cat league.

Anyone get this feeling that the Broncos are playing offense like the 2007 Patriots?

The Denver offensive line is playing like the 2007 Pats and protecting Cutler great.

Cutler looks like Brady did at this time last year and the receivers Marshall and Royal look similar in thier domination of the opponents secondary like Moss and Welker last year and the RB is doing just what he needs to make the ground game respectable like Maroney and Faulk did last season.

If they had a defense that would shut the opponents down a few scores less,they would be a carbon copy of last years Patriots right now

Denver all of sudden seems to be the early candidate for cinderella team and we face them soon and knowing our history against them I am not looking forward to it.

Right Now Denver seems to be the far and clear front runner in a division that San Diego was supposed to dominate.

For a change of pace, its something to discuss other than the humiliation we faced yesterday which is getting to be too much.
cutler doesn't look like brady

cutler has yet to win a game in the clutch in his career, by throwing a td*

*aside from the ref mulligan he was given week 2

The Broncos could very easily be 1-2 right now. In fact, they probably SHOULD be 1-2. Their offense looks lethal...but what does that say about their D then?

The Broncos could very easily be 1-2 right now. In fact, they probably SHOULD be 1-2. Their offense looks lethal...but what does that say about their D then?
their D may very well be the worst pass rush in the nfl

but ya know, watching their games

their run D may have actually slightly improved itself lol

but jesus, outside of champ, who even he has been burned this year, that secondary is complete garbage, and it's not like san diego's looks any better, but holy crap.....straight garbage.

They def are overrated and should really be 1-2.

There Defense reminds me of the 2008 Lions :(

No one will ever look like our 2007 team! Sorry.

Too bad (for them) that their defense looks like the 2002 Patriots.

Cutler is a moron with a big arm! The Broncos should be 1-2 right now with their only legitimate win being the opener at Oakland. He threw a pick and had the Hochili brain fart fumble that was ruled incomplete in the 4th quarter against San Diego, and then Denver relies on that retread midget kicker on New Orleans to miss a 43 yarder to save their arses this last Sunday.

Mark my words. Denver easy schedule might get them to the playoffs, but they will get it handed to them the first time they go on the road in the playoffs. Shanarat is the Bobby Bowden of the NFL...should have retired years ago. The Broncos D is even worse than the Chargers, and atleast the Chargers have injuries and suspensions to use as an excuse.

I would not throw in the towel yet, Patriot's fans. The rest of the AFC is pretty messed up right now and even without Brady, you still have a bunch of studs to right the ship.

Pretty much even Denver fans agree that they have one of the worst defenses in the NFL. The AFC West is also the new East with San Diego (getting better but still 1-2) and KC and Oakland (beyond terrible) so they've played nothing but cushy defenses so far.

Then again people said the same thing about us this time last year so you have to stay open minded.

Pretty much even Denver fans agree that they have one of the worst defenses in the NFL. The AFC West is also the new East with San Diego (getting better but still 1-2) and KC and Oakland (beyond terrible) so they've played nothing but cushy defenses so far.

Then again people said the same thing about us this time last year so you have to stay open minded.

That is true. It took a few weeks for everyone to see that it was the Patriots offense, not bad defenses that resulted in all of the those blowouts.

At the same time, you can't judge teams after only a 2 couple of games into the season.

Sure, Denver is 3-0, but if their D keeps playing like this, they could lose alot of games this year, as I can't see Cutler keep playing under pressure consistently.

Cutler is a moron with a big arm! The Broncos should be 1-2 right now with their only legitimate win being the opener at Oakland. He threw a pick and had the Hochili brain fart fumble that was ruled incomplete in the 4th quarter against San Diego, and then Denver relies on that retread midget kicker on New Orleans to miss a 43 yarder to save their arses this last Sunday.

Mark my words. Denver easy schedule might get them to the playoffs, but they will get it handed to them the first time they go on the road in the playoffs. Shanarat is the Bobby Bowden of the NFL...should have retired years ago. The Broncos D is even worse than the Chargers, and atleast the Chargers have injuries and suspensions to use as an excuse.

oh ..i dont know about shouldve and couldves. if caldwell catches the ball in the AFCCG, if manning is sacked in the SB, if tyree drops the ball, if samuel catchs the INT.if brady's forward had been ruled as a tuck...
these things sometimes have to happen for every team to put some wins and good teams take advantage of the situation IMO. i also think shanahan is one of the best coaches in the league -just my opionion

cutler doesn't look like brady

cutler has yet to win a game in the clutch in his career, by throwing a td*

*aside from the ref mulligan he was given week 2

I watching cutler durring that chargers game.At the start, he looked fined, but by the end his face was all pale and sick looking, hope its not his diabetus (spelled that wrong on puprpose) I was screaming for someone to "get that boy a cookie"

This is one of the most offensive threads of all-time.

They're going to be outscored and beat by the Chiefs today and these ridiculous comparisons will finally stop.

Pats 2007 offense is the greatest of all-time, this comparison is straight up offensive. Stop it, just stop it.

Last edited:
The Pats 2007 offense wouldn't have been nearly as effective without the defense doing their job. You cannot win all that consistently with a high powered offense and a crappy defense.

They def are overrated and should really be 1-2.

There Defense reminds me of the 2008 Lions :(

14,38,32,33...points allowed and two of those teams were KC and Oak!!!

30/150 yds...
18/80
25/88
33/213
They are giving up 5 yds per carry

Wonder what that makes our defense.

It resembles our Superbowl offense from last year, I guess.

Guess that makes our D the 2008 version of the Giants?

I'm so happy to see that this early season nonsense talk has stopped.

Denver has the 9th ranked offense in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back