PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Denver CB Darrent williams shot and killed (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT:Denver CB Darrent williams shot and killed

Some of the reports I heard were about a guy with a not ideal background: no father present when growing up; coaches at the high school level had to go find him and try to get him to attend classes, as well as confront him about some of his thug acquaintances. Said he was close to getting his degree from Oklahoma State though and he was a smart kid that got good grades. We do need to take the best care we can of our kids, but it has to be rough when the dad takes off.

The awful on so many levels.

The Globe article said he was an anti-gang activist, or had planned to be. Perhaps he upset some bad people in that way.

I can't imagine someone wanting to kill him for his play on the field, unless there are gambling implications.

Hopefully the truth will become clear shortly.

Some of the reports I heard were about a guy with a not ideal background: no father present when growing up; coaches at the high school level had to go find him and try to get him to attend classes, as well as confront him about some of his thug acquaintances. Said he was close to getting his degree from Oklahoma State though and he was a smart kid that got good grades. We do need to take the best care we can of our kids, but it has to be rough when the dad takes off.

May God bless him and his family at this very tragic time.

Re: Broncos CB Darrent Williams killed

I wonder what he was getting into off the field? Drive by sounds gangster to me, unless it was an angry fan after losing to the sorry 49ers.

I wonder what he was getting into off the field? Drive by sounds gangster to me, unless it was an angry fan after losing to the sorry 49ers.

i hear Javon Walker was with him in the limo/hummer and someone pulled up firing 8 shots

hope you guys dont mind but im signing up for the bronco forum and im posting a condolences thread from PatsFans.com

Last edited:

hope you guys dont mind but im signing up for the bronco forum and im posting a condolences thread from PatsFans.com

I joined up and chimed in on your thread. Thanks.

UNBELIEVABLE

Count me as one of the ones who hates the Broncos, but no team or player deserves this. Agreed, a doubly dark day for Denver. Prayers for him and his family and the whole Bronco organization.

Bob G

This is very sad.His family is going to remember this for the rest of their lives.Williams was still a baby (24 years old).R.I.P. Darrent Williams.

Who the hell would want to kill him?? If the killer even knew who...

R.I.P, terrible...lets hope the murderer gets caught, its really sad..

Last edited:

i hear Javon Walker was with him in the limo/hummer and someone pulled up firing 8 shots

I had heard Tatum Bell was with him.

Bob G

I had heard Tatum Bell was with him.

Bob G

na Tatum was on Cold Pizza crying and talking about him

I liked Darrant Williams as a player. I thought he had the makings of a very good CB. To have his life cut short like this is horrible.

I hope that its not related to the anti-gang things that he was planning on doing in Fort Worth this off-season.

Terrible tragedy. Shouldn't overlook the possibility that it may have been random, however. Denver has a significant illegal immigrant problem and has always had a reputation for a violent slum problem.

messages to their board are coming from all places - i saw fans from:

Buffalo, New England, Cincinnati, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Seattle, Miami, San Diego, Philadelphia, New Orleans...

sad

fans would like to retire # 27

On espn news right now, they said Javon Walker was in the limo with him, but was not hit.

Also, I would like a link to the forum to give them my condolences as well. PM or post it here. Much like you guys, I hate the Broncos, but this is bigger than any sport, as a young 24 year old in the prime of his career was needlessly gunned down.

On espn news right now, they said Javon Walker was in the limo with him, but was not hit.

Also, I would like a link to the forum to give them my condolences as well. PM or post it here. Much like you guys, I hate the Broncos, but this is bigger than any sport, as a young 24 year old in the prime of his career was needlessly gunned down.
I agree..it is sad and ALL football fans should be giving condolences...

If this is random as implied, the kid had the worst luck in the world. All season he was Denver's version of Duane Starks in the secondary (and received as much if not more criticism), but he wasn't that bad, it's just that he was picked on b/c nobody would throw at Champ Bailey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes