PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Delusional Colts Fans on Colts.com

• Thread starter ManningOverratedHick
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same Colts fans arguments: Vinateri won the SBs, Brady has had much better defenses to play with, if Peyton had an all-around better team, he wouldn't have to be so uptight.

does anyone really think the 03-05 colts had less talent than the 01 pats?

does anyone really think the 03-05 colts had less talent than the 01 pats?

I consider the 01 Pats similar to the 06 Colts. Bad regular season D that got hot in the playoffs.

As for the other 3 years,

03-got beat by a better, championship team.
04-got beat by a better, championship team.
05-the O-line had a bad day at the office, Peyton never had a chance. I'm sure you guys can relate to that......;)

"03-got beat by a better, championship team."

With a quarterback that didn't throw 4 INTs.

"04-got beat by a better, championship team."

Once again, better quarterback.

"05-the O-line had a bad day at the office, Peyton never had a chance."

You sure Manning going for the endzone at the end of the game instead of going under and putting the liquored up kicker in easy field goal range wasn't the reason our team lost?

Fans of any team have the right to be here, but if you want to talk to Manning apologists who think he wasn't to blame for your playoff mistakes, this isn't the place. By the way, what's Peyton better at, making crappy commercials or scaring nurses with this teabag?

Last edited by a moderator:
"03-got beat by a better, championship team."

With a quarterback that didn't throw 4 INTs.

No team, or qb, would have beaten the Pats on their home field, in that weather, that day.

"04-got beat by a better, championship team."

Once again, better quarterback.

Same as above.

"05-the O-line had a bad day at the office, Peyton never had a chance."

You sure Manning going for the endzone at the end of the game instead of going under and putting the liquored up kicker in easy field goal range wasn't the reason our team lost?

Heh heh, I get a kick out of this argument. He had the most accurate kicker in the history of the league, a guy who hadn't missed all year to that point. He WAS in field goal range. Why NOT go for the win?

Fans of any team have the right to be here, but if you want to talk to Manning apologists who think he wasn't to blame for your playoff mistakes, this isn't the place. By the way, what's Peyton better at, making crappy commercials or scaring nurses with this teabag?

Thanks for the validation there, sport, but I don't need it......I've been here longer than you have.....nice screen name, btw....:rolleyes:

"No team, or qb, would have beaten the Pats on their home field, in that weather, that day."

So you're blaming the weather now?

Btw, if Manning was this all-time great quarterback, wouldn't he be able to play in the snow and not need to be in a weather-controlled dome? Don't great quarterbacks step up their game in bad conditions and against good defenses?

"I've been here longer than you have"

With your screen name, I'm sure you've been welcome with open arms. And from the looks of your join date, you signed up after your team finally beat the Patriots, not when they couldn't put up more than 3 points in the playoffs.

"With your screen name, I'm sure you've been welcome with open arms. And from the looks of your join date, you signed up after your team finally beat the Patriots, not when they couldn't put up more than 3 points in the playoffs"

Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark.

Regarding the 2003 AFCCG loss, that was a terrific Patriots team and they pummeled the Colts that day to the point where the NFL changed the rules. In the 2004 playoff game, without Ty Law on the field and the Colts having a record setting offense (well, at the time, but no longer), putting up a three spot was a gag job plain and simple, no getting around that.

You should have won that game Colts fans; oh wait, there was snow on the ground that day too?

Nevermind.

"No team, or qb, would have beaten the Pats on their home field, in that weather, that day."

So you're blaming the weather now?

No, I blamed the Patriots, you know, when I said "a better team".:rolleyes: I also stated my opinion that NO TEAM would have beaten the Pats on that day. If you wanna interpret that as me blaming the weather, be my guest.

Btw, if Manning was this all-time great quarterback, wouldn't he be able to play in the snow and not need to be in a weather-controlled dome?

Actually, Peyton plays quite well in bad weather, he just didn't on those two occasions. Like I said, I think it had more to do with how good the Pats were than how bad Peyton was.

Don't great quarterbacks step up their game in bad conditions and against good defenses?

Yes, yes they do. They also score more than 14 points against a defense they scored 35 against a month earlier, especially when they lead the most productive offense in the HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE. I'm pretty sure great quarterbacks do that too.

"I've been here longer than you have"

With your screen name, I'm sure you've been welcome with open arms. And from the looks of your join date, you signed up after your team finally beat the Patriots, not when they couldn't put up more than 3 points in the playoffs.

I came here because I like talking football, not to troll. If I had joined here simply to troll I wouldn't still be here. And when I see a high-class, intellectual like yourself posting the gospel like you are in this thread, I strike up a conversation. Pretty simple, really.:p

I never said Brady was perfect either. He was mediocre in the Super Bowl, but he wasn't "bad" as he didn't throw any interceptions and put the team ahead with 2 minutes to go in the game. He just saves his occasional Manningesque bad game for the regular season (the Dolphins game from a few years ago where he threw that interception from his back and then the INT at the end of the game when they had a chance to drive). Manning is a perpetual playoff and big-game choker. You'll never hear him in the discussion as a "clutch quarterback." And I don't know about you, but if I were a quarterback, I'd rather be compared to Joe Montana (who Brady isn't as good as yet, but with another SB or two and 5-10 more years in the league, he might be) than Kurt Warner with longevity, which is essentially what Pay-ton is.

Trying to get a Colts fan to admit that Manning has ever done anything wrong on the football field is like trying to get a white supremacist to admit that Denzel Washington is a good actor.

"Trying to get a Colts fan to admit that Manning has ever done anything wrong on the football field is like trying to get a white supremacist to admit that Denzel Washington is a good actor."

Another nice shot across the bow, this guy is good, have to say.

Should things remain the same for the Colts (ie, one Super Bowl win) it will be interesting to see what Mannings legacy will be; somehow, I have a feeling it will be "Yes, he was great, but he ONLY won one Super Bowl" (and no, I'm not referring to Eli here, I'm referring to the OTHER Manning we all know and love).

Have to admit PeytonsBetter, your boy should have at least one more, maybe two more Super Bowl wins; they should have won in 2004 vs the Patriots and they have NO excuse in 2005; with the Patriots out of the way courtesy of the Donkos, there was an open path to the Seahawks (Christ, how the Hell did that rinky dink team get to a Super Bowl?).

However, to be fair to you, the Patriots pulled a gag job of their own last year vs the 13-6 Giants, so fair is fair, Brady had a clunker in there too.

Makes for interesting discussion and it's nice to see said discussion without name calling, etc, so keep this going you two, it's a good thread..................

"Trying to get a Colts fan to admit that Manning has ever done anything wrong on the football field is like trying to get a white supremacist to admit that Denzel Washington is a good actor."

Another nice shot across the bow, this guy is good, have to say.

Should things remain the same for the Colts (ie, one Super Bowl win) it will be interesting to see what Mannings legacy will be; somehow, I have a feeling it will be "Yes, he was great, but he ONLY won one Super Bowl" (and no, I'm not referring to Eli here, I'm referring to the OTHER Manning we all know and love).

Have to admit PeytonsBetter, your boy should have at least one more, maybe two more Super Bowl wins; they should have won in 2004 vs the Patriots and they have NO excuse in 2005; with the Patriots out of the way courtesy of the Donkos, there was an open path to the Seahawks (Christ, how the Hell did that rinky dink team get to a Super Bowl?).

However, to be fair to you, the Patriots pulled a gag job of their own last year vs the 13-6 Giants, so fair is fair, Brady had a clunker in there too.

Makes for interesting discussion and it's nice to see said discussion without name calling, etc, so keep this going you two, it's a good thread..................

Brady had a clunker because he couldn't stay on his feet for five seconds to make a throw. Manning has clunkers because he stays on his feet, but uses them to dance like an idiot instead. Plant and throw, Peyton, plant and throw.

Have to admit PeytonsBetter, your boy should have at least one more, maybe two more Super Bowl wins; they should have won in 2004 vs the Patriots and they have NO excuse in 2005

Nice post Double G.

I just don't understand the part I quoted above-are you saying that the 04 Colt's were better than the 04 Patriots? That Peyton was the ONLY reason the Colts lost that game? Because that would be a curious position for a Pats fan to take.....

Sure, Peyton could have played better that day, but was it all him? How much of that was him choking and how much was the greatness of that Patriots team?

Here's Peytons stats from that game, 27-42, 238 yards, 0 td's, 1 int, 5.7 yards per pass, 69.3 qb rating.

What stands out in that line to me is the 5.7 yards per pass is extremely low. IMO, that could have been caused by any one of several different possibilities,

1. Weather
2. Pass rush
3. Ty Law and Co

IMO, it was a combination of all 3 of those factors that kept the Colts from going down the field and attributed to the low YPP, which in turn produced the low qb rating, which was 69.3. Combine that with the fact they couldn't run the ball and the Pats had 'em by the balls, so to speak.

To me, a CHOKE is when someone fails even though they are in ideal circumstances and that was nowhere near the case with Peyton against the Pats in 04.

1. Weather

Why is it that Brady steps up his game in the snow (30-50 and 300 yards against Oakland comes to mind) and Manning is afraid of snow? If he needs conditions to be absolutely perfect, shouldn't he be playing in the arena football league?

PeytonsBetter, maybe we're confused about the game in question; the game I am referencing is the 2004 season playoff game (actually played in 2005) where Ty Law was out due to a broken bone in his foot and the Colts came into the game with a record setting offense, yet scored only 3 points in a 20-3 loss.

Hope that clears things up. I thought the Colts were going to light up the scoreboard all day long in that game, yet they did not.

Why is it that Brady steps up his game in the snow (30-50 and 300 yards against Oakland comes to mind) and Manning is afraid of snow? If he needs conditions to be absolutely perfect, shouldn't he be playing in the arena football league?

Actually, I can only think of 3 times that the Colts played in snow, the 2 against the Patriots and a win at Denver back in 02 or 03, I'm not sure which.

I take it you think the Colts were better in 03 and 04 too?

I don't think the Colts were better in 03. Pats had a completely healthy, nasty defense and Brady was on fire. I just heard all week from ESPN and the like how Peyton Manning was the greatest thing since sliced bread and was going to pick apart the Patriots, and seeing him throw the ball more times to Ty Law than Marvin Harrison and the advent of the "Manning face" was a treat for every Pats fan who knew the Pats were better. Brady didn't have a particularly great game, but he made the crucial first down throws and only threw one pick. Manning looked he'd just been sodomized by Tommy Lee and left on a desert island. I know he isn't used to snow, but football isn't about how well you can throw the ball in climate controlled domes.

2004, I'll admit, I was legitimately worried. Brady had come off that bad game against the Dolphins, the Colts looked unbeatable. Their offense was great and their defense was sufficient. Add in the makeshift secondary for the Patriots and I thought the Colts, snow or not, were going to have a good shot.

PeytonsBetter, maybe we're confused about the game in question; the game I am referencing is the 2004 season playoff game (actually played in 2005) where Ty Law was out due to a broken bone in his foot and the Colts came into the game with a record setting offense, yet scored only 3 points in a 20-3 loss.

Hope that clears things up. I thought the Colts were going to light up the scoreboard all day long in that game, yet they did not.

Actually, the stats I posted were FROM that game, played on January 16, 2005. I didn't realize that Ty Law didn't play in that game, though....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_...amecenter&season=2004&seasonType=POST&week=19

I don't think the Colts were better in 03. Pats had a completely healthy, nasty defense and Brady was on fire. I just heard all week from ESPN and the like how Peyton Manning was the greatest thing since sliced bread and was going to pick apart the Patriots, and seeing him throw the ball more times to Ty Law than Marvin Harrison and the advent of the "Manning face" was a treat for every Pats fan who knew the Pats were better. Brady didn't have a particularly great game, but he made the crucial first down throws and only threw one pick.

See, I hear this all the time from Pats fans-"all we heard all week long was how the Colts were gonna come in here and dominate, they were unstoppable, yadah, yadah, yadah...." But thats what the mediots do when they have nothing else to talk about. Its not like the Colts themselves were mouthing off(well, except for V-Money and maybe Pollard). I cringed everytime I heard that crap, thinking, man BB's gonna be eating this stuff up.

I'm sure you guys have had your fill of the media's bull ****e in the last year, lol.

"2004, I'll admit, I was legitimately worried. Brady had come off that bad game against the Dolphins, the Colts looked unbeatable. Their offense was great and their defense was sufficient. Add in the makeshift secondary for the Patriots and I thought the Colts, snow or not, were going to have a good shot.'

I was too, I thought the Colts looked unbeatable as well and I couldn't see how we were going to stop them without Ty Law.

Guess we were both wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye