PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deceased Former Titan Rob Bironas

What. The. Hell???

That is not only bizarre, it is downright scary.

So strange and scary. Something obviously went horribly wrong in those hours.

I really don't like where this story is headed, and I am more than hoping that it ends up as just a simple accident, and not anything else.

He seemed like one of the good ones, and you'd have thought that, since he was able to marry Terry Bradshaw's daughter.

In before blame Goodell

That's frightening. He was watching a movie at home with his wife and her friend, kisses his wife "goodnight", she assumes he went up to their room to go to sleep, then he jumps in his car and goes beserk?

It's like a switch was flipped in his brain.

A good example of why vanity grieving on the internet about the passing of someone I'll never meet isn't something I'm going to do very often - because I have no idea what sort of a human being they are.

I'm much more impacted by the death of the old lady down the street who I used to see feeding the neighborhood strays than I am by this guy but for some reason everyone has to make a big show of mourning whenever some famous or semi-famous person dies. But nobody gives a **** about that old lady down the street anymore, but holy hell we've got to rend our sackcloth garments over Rob ****ing Bironas who died like a dumb ass road raging hillbilly.

That's one of the most disturbing things I've read in a while. Granted, I've done a good job of avoiding disturbing things.

A good example of why vanity grieving on the internet about the passing of someone I'll never meet isn't something I'm going to do very often - because I have no idea what sort of a human being they are.

I'm much more impacted by the death of the old lady down the street who I used to see feeding the neighborhood strays than I am by this guy but for some reason everyone has to make a big show of mourning whenever some famous or semi-famous person dies. But nobody gives a **** about that old lady down the street anymore, but holy hell we've got to rend our sackcloth garments over Rob ****ing Bironas who died like a dumb ass road raging hillbilly.

"Vanity grieving." Such an astute definition.

Well the old lady down the street probably killed my cat when I was younger, so I don't see much point in grieving for her when she dies.

I really hate the hate against grieving famous people. A lot of famous people have given my much more entertainment and happyness(Well not Wendell) than the old lady down the street. If someone from my favourite band died I would be very sad. Because of how much they've given me. The same if a Patriots player died. I don't see the shame in being sad just because you've never personally met them. They can give you happyness and pleasure anyway. Loads of people that I've never met have given me more in life than people I've met and talked too.

But I agree when it comes to people going "R.I.P X" for a person they've never really cared about, because it's the cool thing to do.

There's no "vanity grieving". I think you've misread most of the posts here.

What people are saying is most disturbing is how at peace he acted with his wife and friend minutes before his brain evidently blew up.

There's no "vanity grieving". I think you've misread most of the posts here.

What people are saying is most disturbing is how at peace he acted with his wife and friend minutes before his brain evidently blew up.

He's talking about the other thread, I think.

I agree with Marinlik, though.

Another tragedy for the Oilers/Titans organization.

Not sure if anyone remembers the horrible case of 2nd round pick DT Jeff Alm (played at Notre Dame), but he was part of a close family connection/25 year relationship.

He accidentally killed his good friend in a fatal DUI car accident, then opened up the trunk and killed himself via shotgun blast. Very sad. Just insane. This happened in '93.

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-12-23/sports/sp-4757_1_operator

I've read speculation on Bironas using Ambien. Sometimes people have weird reactions to it. Almost extreme sleepwalking. The story doesn't make any sense without a drug involved.

I don't necessarily agree but you make a really good point here and I can understand where you're coming from. You never really know just like with Hernandez.

Well the old lady down the street probably killed my cat when I was younger, so I don't see much point in grieving for her when she dies.

I really hate the hate against grieving famous people. A lot of famous people have given my much more entertainment and happyness(Well not Wendell) than the old lady down the street. If someone from my favourite band died I would be very sad. Because of how much they've given me. The same if a Patriots player died. I don't see the shame in being sad just because you've never personally met them. They can give you happyness and pleasure anyway. Loads of people that I've never met have given me more in life than people I've met and talked too.

But I agree when it comes to people going "R.I.P X" for a person they've never really cared about, because it's the cool thing to do.

There's a difference between feeling sad about the loss of a celebrity that meant something to you and plastering that sadness allover Twitter and Facebook. That's the 'vanity'.

Really bizarre. It almost sounds like a drug high gone bad or a manic episode. It's weird too that his wife called the police after so little time (even if my husband left the house unexpectedly at 10:30, I would not call the police by 11:00 to say he was missing, would you?). There's more going on here than meets the eye (obviously). Still a very sad way to leave this earth and a new wife...

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back