Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats_2007

On the Roster
Reaction score
4th Overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft by the Jets

2006 Season allowed 10 sacks

2007 Season allowed 13.25 sacks

His run blocking has also been pretty bad.

what do u guys think??

One more year. He isn't Robert Gallery bad yet.

I heard the announcer on the Jets game say he was much improved.

Didn't believe it though.

what do u guys think??

Yes, D'Bustashaw was a bad pick. I loved Marcus McNeill that year, having watched him a bunch of times at Auburn, and even though he struggled some this year, he's been much better than Ferguson, who doesn't have the feet or the hard punch off the snap needed to play the left side. If the Jets are smart, they'll try and grab Jake Long and slide Ferguson over to the right side.

From what I've seen, he's clearly the best lineman on the Jets. That's not a compliment, but he really isn't terrible, the Jets just leave him on an island no matter what's going on and teams blitz the Jets as much as humanly possible because good Lord do they ever not know what to do against an extra man. He's not good, but I think he looks a lot worse for a lot of the mistakes that the other Jets make. And noone's a bust two years in, especially a guy with physical talents like D'Brick's.

Define "bust". He's not Joe Thomas. But neither is he Tony Mandarich. In hindsight, it looks like he was drafted too high, but that's not to say that he's reached an end-point on his talent.

His sack totals are misleading, if only because he had NO help on that side, and he was an island.

D'Brickashaw wasn't my first choice for players to draft in that slot. I wanted either A.J. Hawke. Still, I'd like to see another couple years before I scream "bust".

Define "bust". He's not Joe Thomas. But neither is he Tony Mandarich. In hindsight, it looks like he was drafted too high, but that's not to say that he's reached an end-point on his talent.

His sack totals are misleading, if only because he had NO help on that side, and he was an island.

D'Brickashaw wasn't my first choice for players to draft in that slot. I wanted either A.J. Hawke. Still, I'd like to see another couple years before I scream "bust".

I'm picking up what you're putting down.

But..he'll need to really commit to the NFL game to improve, too. He's underweight and weak for the position. Far from a bust, but not an ideal top-5, franchise LT, either.

I earnestly question his mentality. Seems like a gentle soul just following through on what was presented to him, a la Manning III.

The guy is a total bust. Just deal with it :eek:

what do u guys think??

ive been calling him "D'Bust Ferguson" from day 1

From what I've seen, he's clearly the best lineman on the Jets. That's not a compliment, but he really isn't terrible, the Jets just leave him on an island no matter what's going on and teams blitz the Jets as much as humanly possible because good Lord do they ever not know what to do against an extra man. He's not good, but I think he looks a lot worse for a lot of the mistakes that the other Jets make. And noone's a bust two years in, especially a guy with physical talents like D'Brick's.

Mangold was their best lineman. Ferguson is a disappointment to date. He just can't get the leverage he should given his measurements.

On the other hand, Manginabaum didn't do him any favors with his guard shenanigans, either. Letting his only useful guard go to Washington just because he didn't want to pay him what he deserved was shortsighted, to put it kindly. Also, Pennington's arm strength didn't bounce back enough to keep defenses honest and Clemens just sucks, so that removes the hesitation and fear from a pass rush.

Mangold was their best lineman last year. Well, it's hard to say whether he was better than Kendall, but regardless, he looked like a completely different player this year in a completely bad way and Ferguson was clearly better.

Both Mangold and Ferguson declining points to coaching. What a shocker, huh?

When I have a kid (boy or girl) I'm calling them D'Brickashaw. :D

Mangold was their best lineman last year. Well, it's hard to say whether he was better than Kendall, but regardless, he looked like a completely different player this year in a completely bad way and Ferguson was clearly better.

Not sure where you are getting this from. Mangold was by far our best lineman last year and this year. He's never taken a step backwards.

I wouldn't call Brick a bust yet but he has not proven to be worthy of a top 5 pick. He's had games where he shuts down Jason Taylor and then the following week he gives up two sacks. The difficult aspect for Brick is that most left tackles like Mcneil can get by on their size and raw ability early in their career where as Brick doesn't have the size to help him. Once the Jets get a real left guard next to him and he Brick plays with better technique and footwork I expect him to be a very good pass blocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots