Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: David Wells called Francona an "idiot"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mikey, Mar 18, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2374106

In the aftermath of the Red Sox's historic run at the World Series championship two seasons ago, the Boston Globe published an article comparing the Red Sox to the Patriots

The article asserted that the two organizations are similar, Francona is similar to Belichick, Schilling to Brady ....

Do you agree with the comparison?

Can you compare Schilling, one of the hated players in MLB, to Brady?

Or is the Red Sox morphing into the anti-Patriots?

2. Bill's Girl

Bill's Girl Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Well since you asked....

When Francona took over the Sox in 2004 it seemed like they were trying to model themselves after the Patriots. It worked, sort of, they won the WS, but they moved away from the Patriots way of thinking in 2005. It's like they were happy with winning one championship while all the Patriots do is want to keep winning!

I put Schilling in the Brady catagory because of his guts and his desire to win. Personality wise they are light years apart. Schillling has a BIG mouth and that is why people hate him. I love him because he said he wanted to come here to win the World Series and he did it! Having said that, he is no Tom Brady!

Francona like Belichick??? No way, not even close! Terry takes too much crap from his players, makes excuses for them and allows himself to be made to look like a fool by his own players. BB would never allow that. BB would have traded Manny for a bucket of used baseballs just to get him off the team, Kevin Millar would have been cut for that crap about doing shots before WS games. He would never have put up with fricken Nomar sitting alone on the bench during the Yankees series!

3. Willie55

Willie55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Isn't there a Red Sox board for this?

4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,015 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

The Red Sox Forum is the 5th one down...I'm a big Sox fan but few post there. So I can understand why he put this post here...but it's not a good idea.

Would be nice if more Sox / Pats fans would post there.

5. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

ANd the Sox did what???