PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: David Tyree retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
ESPN

The New York Giants have signed Super Bowl XLII hero David Tyree to a one-day contract so he can retire with the team.

Quite early at age 30.

A Pro-Bowl selection and the greatest catch in SB history ain't too shabby for a 6th round pick. He never made another catch after SB42.

Last edited:
Who cares.

Tyree join Timmy Smith and others in the superbowl wonder catagory.

David Tyree will go down in history as a player who never did anything as a WR his entire career except for one of the biggest catches in his team's history.

I know I should be bitter, but I just can't. Blame can be laid at the feet of Asante Samuel for breaking the route, the refs for not calling holding OR in the grasp, BB for not kicking the 48 yard FG or calling the all out blitz on the TD pass, the "Beard Brothers" for not showing up, or Josh McDaniels for not having a screen pass in his play book.

Tyree made one of the most exciting/flukiest/luckiest catches of all time on the biggest stage possible. Good for him, and I hope he enjoys retirement.

He was lucky that Rodney tried to make a play on the ball. Just by the way the bodies were tangled he got a soft landing and that enabled him to gain pocession and hold it.

Otherwise, the ball would have come out and he would have been known for nothing.

Last edited:
David, I hate to say it, but good for you. You were in the right place at the right time and you did the right thing. No one can ever take that away from you. I hope you don't mind that I wish you were never born.

He'll always share the same middle name as Bucky Dent around these parts.

I can't be bitter about it either. Tyree isn't the reason the Pats lost.

He didn't do much in his career, but he'll have one good story to tell his grandkids.

About three years too late. :(

Is he the one that shot himself in the leg?

I know I should be bitter, but I just can't. Blame can be laid at the feet of Asante Samuel for breaking the route, the refs for not calling holding OR in the grasp, BB for not kicking the 48 yard FG or calling the all out blitz on the TD pass, the "Beard Brothers" for not showing up, or Josh McDaniels for not having a screen pass in his play book.

Tyree made one of the most exciting/flukiest/luckiest catches of all time on the biggest stage possible. Good for him, and I hope he enjoys retirement.

Unoriginal put out a thread completely obliterating the "no screen" argument. Screens were tried. They simply failed miserably.

Unoriginal put out a thread completely obliterating the "no screen" argument. Screens were tried. They simply failed miserably.

Oh, ok. Then take McDaniels off the list.

Sure ... he'll be walking up the street and the wind will blow a lottery ticket right aside his head.

He'll throw his hand up to keep it there as he slips and falls.

Everyone knows the rest of the story.

i can't for the life of me see why they call David Tyrees good catch the greatest catch in SB history ? it did not give them the lead plex won the game for them.

David, I hate to say it, but good for you. You were in the right place at the right time and you did the right thing. No one can ever take that away from you. I hope you don't mind that I wish you were never born.

agreed. 6 months ago i'd still feel sick to my stomach thinking about it.

Now when i think about it i just want to smash my mailbox over some idiot's head. it's a lot nicer feeling.

Giants played tough and they deserved to win that game.

hi patjew. i hope you are good. not to derail thread or anything.

F*u*k David Tyree with a large red hot poker.

That is all.

agreed. 6 months ago i'd still feel sick to my stomach thinking about it.

Now when i think about it i just want to smash my mailbox over some idiot's head. it's a lot nicer feeling.

Giants played tough and they deserved to win that game.

hi patjew. i hope you are good. not to derail thread or anything.

Yeah, I'm getting to the point where I may be able to watch a highlight from that game in 12 or 13 years.

It's great to see you on the board again, man. We could have used you around here this offseason. Hope you're doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes